I'm in trouble with my website.

Hello. Our website is down for three days now, and I think I messed up.

Back story: Every three months our site goes down because the defines.inc.php file in the config folder had a line 

define('_PS_MAGIC_QUOTES_GPC_', get_magic_quotes_gpc());

Then I learn from tech support at the hosting site that it's old PHP and is now defunct. I also learned to replace it with this:

if (!defined('_PS_MAGIC_QUOTES_GPC_')) {
    define('_PS_MAGIC_QUOTES_GPC_',         get_magic_quotes_gpc());
}

So I did the suggested modification and now accessing our website was giving me a 500 error. I then had the bright idea (NOT) to go on PrestaShop GitHub site and just update a few configuration files and that went down the toilet. I still have access to the back office at least.
I need to correct the files with workable configuration files. I was thinking to do a reinstall but I'm afraid I would lose all my work. The only files I messed with was in the /config folder.

I would hate to lose the entire website as I had to restore twice for the year already because of the PHP incompatibility issues. I have over 475 product pages with descriptions and images that took me a very long time to complete.

Any and all help would be so appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Derick

These are the files I downloaded and replaced from Github site: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/tree/develop/config:

.htaccess
alias.php
autoload.php
bootstrap.php
config.inc.php

This is the error I'm getting trying to access our website www.themedicalsupplyco.com:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Version' not found in /home2/caribbg2/public_html/config/autoload.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home2/caribbg2/public_html/config/config.inc.php(36): require_once() #1 /home2/caribbg2/public_html/index.php(27): require('/home2/caribbg2...') #2 {main} thrown in /home2/caribbg2/public_html/config/autoload.php on line 32

Edited by Derick63
Added error code I am getting (see edit history)

Thanks Leo. This is a big help.

The issue now is that I don't have access to the Back Office to see exactly what version of PrestaShop I'm running. Is there a file within my psadmin folder I can view to see the version? I have access to all files and folders using an FTP.

Thanks again for your help

Derick

• razaro changed the title to I'm in trouble with my website.