Facing issues while while trying to upgrade from 1.7 to 8.04 version?

Toda

I have been trying to upgrade PrestaShop from 1.7 to 8.04 version by using one click module.  For that, I meet all the basic requirements. But, when I try to press the upgrade button, it asks me to give 755 permission to various files one by one. So far, I have solved the permission issue for about 15 files. But, it seems to be a never-ending game. Is there any solution to fix the problem once and actually upgrade it to the latest version?

Alternatively, could anyone please guide me what is the easiest method to upgrade for a newbie who doe not know any technical details?

Thanks and regards

Make sure you have a backup. Depend on version you have now. You can either 1-click upgrade or migrate data and make clean PS 8 installation.

If you're on i.e 1.7.8.9 and store works fine, dont make a upgrade. No point on this stage.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

I think you are right. At the moment, my 1.7.8.9 store is working and there have been no problems. When will the support for version 1.7.8.9 end?´

Same with 1.6, peoples using it for several years. Devs still making modules and themes for 1.7+, so If you're not rush, just wait for Presta 9.