Shop update from version 1.4.4.1

No4iqs

Hi,

I need to upgrade my store, the store is on version 1.4.4.1, I installed the 1 click upgrade module from presta, after installing the module and entering configurations it shows as if the module version is not up to date and when downloading it selects such a module version, I tried to install other versions of the module but it gave so much that the modules tab did not open at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

image.png.3bd5b1b2ab3cabdc6eba148f504bf263.png

The newest version of the upgrade module won't run the PHP version that you need to run your shop. So that is not an option. 

The most simple solution is probably to fool Prestashop by editing the version number of the module that comes with PS 1.4. If you make it high enough you will no longer be bugged about upgrades.

Do the upgrade in steps. So make the initial upgrade to 1.6.1.24. Then switch the PHP version and go to 1.7 or 8.

If you experience problems upgrading under 1.4 you can consider my tool 

• 3 weeks later...

It is in the config.xml file of autoupgrade module.

Beware that even after that you will get an error message

[INTERNAL] /modules/autoupgrade/upgrade/php/migrate_tabs_17.php line 61 - Error: Call to undefined method ProfileCore::resetCacheAccesses() #0 [internal function]: migrate_tabs_17() #1

But this may be harmless.

Hi again :)

Thank you, the modified autoupgrade 1.6.8 allowed the upgrade.

I could upgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.5.6.2 (some problems with SSL, but everything else is normal)

Then from 1.5.6.2 to 1.6.1.1.

Until this point everything seems normal, but now I'm stuck again.

I'm trying to upgrade to 1.7.6.1

With the same autoupgrader version the upgrade aborts in the middle, if I refresh the page nothing works anymore.

(at this point however somehow I can still revert back to the previous version)

Tried to update the 1-click module, but it again gives an error.

The newer installed version is 4.14.2, but it gives a red X, saying that it's not the newest one.

(with no option to download - unless manually -, but the module download page recommends 4.14.2 for 1.6.x.x)

I could upgrade a minor version to 1.6.1.11 but that's it.

Theme settings are stuck - can't change it to bootstarp (could change previous custom theme to default theme in 1.5.6.2)

Finally I tried the same trick with 1-click 4.14.2, fake the version number.

I could force the upgrade, but it kickes me out of BO, and can't even log back again, because the password no longer works :S

Any help is appreciated :):)

(I'm experimenting on a different server online so luckily no big harm yet:)

(Other than the upgrader accused me of being a time traveller from the future - because of the fake version number)

/// php is still 5.6 currently

I wouldn't take 1.7.6 in one step. Try 1.7.0 first.

Strange that password no longer works. It is not hard to fix (create a customer account with the same password and you can copy the database string), but it shouldn't happen.

"Could change it to bootstrap" puzzles me. The default theme of 1.6.1 it bootstrap. So you should get that automatically.

Note that Prestashop 1.7 no longer uses Rijndael for encryption. So you get a different "secret" key.

You might consider my free tool Copy_shopdata.