PaymentModule::validateOrder - Country is not active

KennethB.

Prestashop v1.7.8.7
PHP v7.3.33
Mollie v6.0.0

Hello all,

For a while I've getting the odd alert mails and when you look into the log the following is reigistered:

2    N/A    Error (3)    PaymentModule::validateOrder - Country is not active    Cart    6324    Shop AO (id : 1)    Nederlands (Dutch)    0    2023-04-08 21:29

Please note that this does not happen with every order and the result is that the order is registered in the backoffice but the order gets a blank status (and not payment accepted when payment was succesffuly made using Mollie) and of course no order confirmation mails are sent out to the customer :)

Since last week (I guess shortly after I upgraded Mollie to version 6.0.0, incidently, can you somehow get a history log of when certain modules were upgraded in Prestashop?) I get the following errors which always occuer one after another when a payment fails to register as accepted:

ID    Employee    Severity (1-4)    Message    Object type    Object ID    Shop context    Language    Error code    Date    
1887    N/A    Error (3)    Error occurred: \"\" cannot be interpreted as a number        0    Shop AO (id : 1)    Nederlands (Dutch)    0    2023-06-19 10:02    
1885    N/A    Error (3)    Error occurred: The order address country is not active.        0    Shop AO (id : 1)    Nederlands (Dutch)    0    2023-06-19 10:01    
1884    N/A    Error (3)    PaymentModule::validateOrder - Country is not active    Cart    7418    Shop AO (id : 1)    Nederlands (Dutch)    0    2023-06-19 10:01    

Any idea on what is wrong and how to fix it? 
I only send to the 27 EU countries and only those 27 countries are active (International -> Locations -> Zones -> Countries).

Is it Prestashop that has an issue or is it the Mollie module, or both?

Can I somehow/somewhere see more information on what goes wrong?

kind regards,
Kenneth.

Hi Kenneth,

One would have to debug near this line on validateOrder function (PaymentModule.php file) and trace back why the condition is true (country is not active)

image.thumb.png.e50a68a47b6010632c5bcf9e05e3f43d.png

As you can see that this condition exactly throws exception; the logic after exception will not run, hence, order is not created perfectly.

Some payment module override this validateOrder function. I am not sure about Mollie or its specific version.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, KBruyninckx said:

For a while I've getting the odd alert mails and when you look into the log the following is reigistered:

for a while means that from xx Date all of sudden some errors sprung up?
Look if your hoster as advanced their PHP Versions.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)
  • Like 1