Emails contact_form displaying variables like {firstname} {lastname}

Koukay

Hi, I've been trying to troubleshoot variables appearing in mails for a few days now, I tried all I could find on forums but nothing works  Even this bug fix, 

I have to point out that I am a total newbie with prestashop so if you need more information tell me,

Prestashop version is: 1.7.7.4

The problems are mainly on the mails that the customer support receives (i don't know about the costumers),

Here is an example of mail that the support receives

Adresse e-mail du client : [email protected] // Only this appears correctly

Nom du client : {nom}
Prénom du client : {prenom}
Téléphone du client : {tel}
Société du client : {societe}

Message du client : test message

Commande # : -
Pièce jointe : -

Thanks for your time and your replies !

Welcome to the PrestaShop forums @Koukay

I would advice you to update to PrestaShop 1.7.7+ since the issue will be resolved automatically.

You can make a copy of your current store and try to upgrade it to see if you have any errors, if not you can push this to your live environment.

My post which you mentioned should resolved the issue. Most of the time (when it doest not work) it means the cache was not cleared or the steps where not followed correctly.

When you have a live store with a large number of visitors, it can sometimes be wise to outsource this to an external partner. (for an update of your webshop or apply the bugfix to your current version.)

Hello again,

I believe that you didn't notice it but as I said Prestashop is already up to the 1.7.7.4 version,

so the fix should be working except that it doesn't work even if I apply the old fix to the Mail class.

I've waited a few days for the cache to update and to receive new mail and it still doesn't work.

I could have tried to update prestashop to 1.7.8.9 but since updating prestashop is quite dangerous, I prefer to just try and fix it.

If you have any idea or solutions feel free tell them.

Thank you @Crezzur.com.