How to set two different out of stock statuses?

Tomi14

I have two types of missing products.

"Discontinued" - they will never be, but I keep them because of google and looking for customers.
"Awaiting delivery". Zero condition, but I don't want "discontinued" status

3 hours ago, Tomi14 said:

I have two types of missing products.

"Discontinued" - they will never be, but I keep them because of google and looking for customers.
"Awaiting delivery". Zero condition, but I don't want "discontinued" status

If it itches you to delete, please don't follow that impulse. temporary out of stock sounds even better.

• Like 1

I'm not sure but to set two different out-of-stock statuses  you can try follow these steps: # Access your inventory management system or e-commerce platform.
# Locate the settings or options related to product statuses or inventory management. Look for an option to customize or add new stock statuses. # Add the first status, such as "Discontinued."  Provide a clear description that explains the nature of these products, mentioning that they will never be restocked but are kept for Google and customer visibility. #Save the first status and proceed to add the second status. #Add the second status, like "Awaiting delivery." Ensure the description reflects the zero condition but clarifies that it is distinct from the "Discontinued" status. # Save the changes and apply them to the relevant products in your inventory.
By setting two different out-of-stock statuses, you can effectively communicate the status of your products to your customers, while also ensuring that the "Discontinued" status doesn't apply to items awaiting delivery.

• 2 weeks later...