Can't enable module - conflict in two modules

NevilleWatts

Hi,

I'm new to the forum - hello everyone.

I'm fairly new to Presta - I've been working with PrestaShop but it was a few years ago and I did mostly front-end, none of the back.

Now I've been handed a task of maintaining a shop. I'm a little bit rusty.

We've got a module called Google Merchant Centre Pro. Now I want to install module that is suppose to let the customers see the products in 3D. Unfortunately I've got an error about that method __construct is overwritten (?) in class Product in the former module. Is there a quick fix for that? I tried to change the method name but then all hell got loose, got 500, etc., so I think that's a no-go (or did I broke to early and should check what was that 500 about?). I've tried to search the forums for that particular thing but either I can't describe it well or my case is too specific.

Thank you very much in advance.

You have to ask the developer of this module to install it for you. I think it has to do with an override wich is used by an other module and now also is used by the new module. Normally a developer fixes that for you.

Its not difficult, but with no code experience this is a task for a developer.

I got some code experience, just a little bit rusty with presta-environment, that's why I'm here - for recon purposes. Is there a better section in the forums for me to ask that question? I would like to know what can I change in this module and not break anything while installing? 

11 hours ago, NevilleWatts said:

I got some code experience, just a little bit rusty with presta-environment, that's why I'm here - for recon purposes. Is there a better section in the forums for me to ask that question? I would like to know what can I change in this module and not break anything while installing? 

this is not terribly uncommon.

1) see module check module override folder

2) manually update the corresponding PS override seen in module  override folder

3) rename module override folder so PS does not try to install

4) install module

Thank you @PrestaHeroes USAfor your reply.

I'd like to add that in my custom module I have such folders as: /doc_and_override and /override. In the latter I have /classes/Product.php file which contains Products extending ProductCore. Do I have to put those files also to the main /override folder - maybe there's a nice tutorial how to do it, and I'm just wasting everybody's time here?

@ #2 - manually update corresponding override, you mean that I have to add the contents of custom module's override to the main /override folder which contains Product.php? There's this file there, probably someone before did this to the Product (other module) - should I append this new code from custom module?

9 hours ago, NevilleWatts said:

Thank you @PrestaHeroes USAfor your reply.

I'd like to add that in my custom module I have such folders as: /doc_and_override and /override. In the latter I have /classes/Product.php file which contains Products extending ProductCore. Do I have to put those files also to the main /override folder - maybe there's a nice tutorial how to do it, and I'm just wasting everybody's time here?

@ #2 - manually update corresponding override, you mean that I have to add the contents of custom module's override to the main /override folder which contains Product.php? There's this file there, probably someone before did this to the Product (other module) - should I append this new code from custom module?

Hi, I think review of PS module documentation will allow you to better understand base/advanced features.  for your existing shop, in overrides folder, look for actual override, this will tell you the module...then see that module's structure, how they apply overrides etc.

https://devdocs.prestashop-project.org/1.7/modules/introduction/

• Like 1