[SOLVED] No arrows close to 'add to cart' button

MusikMachineMan

Hello everyone,

i'm facing a weird problem with my ps_1.7.8

Close to the 'add to cart' button (and also in the cart checkout and cart itself)

I have 2 squares instead of the arrows for increase or decrease quantities. Squares in which i can't really read but looks like FT06 (up) and FT07 (down).

bug_addtocart.png.b1d0d6b39e95bbb99d9395f6c57baa86.png

at the F5 refresh we can see very shortly the arrows appearing and then disappear under these squares

bug_addtocart0.png.3c505f28c3769e8ca71f5e3a1991dc91.png

As they appear at least 1/4 second, i guess there is a kind of function that finally erase them.

I wondered then a font issue, i'm using a Warehouse theme with Google font Raleway typography (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Raleway)

and it seems that this font do not accept ˄ or ˅.

Do you think it could come from that ?

I then changed the font in order to see if i had the same result and even with arial or tahoma, there are still these squares...

With console i see

<span class="input-group-addon bootstrap-touchspin-postfix" style="display: none;"></span>

<button class="btn btn-touchspin js-touchspin bootstrap-touchspin-up" type="button"><i class="fa fa-angle-up touchspin-up" aria-hidden="true"></i></button>

<button class="btn btn-touchspin js-touchspin bootstrap-touchspin-down" type="button"><i class="fa fa-angle-down touchspin-down" aria-hidden="true"></i></button>

Do you think there is any error ?

in my previous 1.7.6 (where arrows appear correctly), i had no aria-hidden="true", i don't really know what this is for, is there any chance it comes from that ?

Have you ever faced something like this and do you have any idea how to solve it ?

Many thanks by advance

Edited by MusikMachineMan
there was another library of fontawesome loaded, added with netreviews module (see edit history)

It will be better if you could share the URL of the site so that we can easily debug and identify the cause of the issue. Without checking the site's code, it is difficult to provide specific comments on what might be responsible for removing the up and down arrow button.

In the meantime, you can try adding the following CDN stylesheet to your site by using the HTML element. Simply inspect the webpage, and insert the code snippet below anywhere in the HTML code:

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons" rel="stylesheet">

This CDN link will import the necessary font icons for your site. It may help resolve the issue with the missing up and down arrow button.

I must have put the given code at the wrong place,

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons" rel="stylesheet">

could anybody confirm the exact file i should put it in ?

is this correct ?

/themes/warehouse/templates/_partials/head.tpl

Many thanks

• MusikMachineMan changed the title to [SOLVED] No arrows close to 'add to cart' button
  • 7 months later...

Hello Almost Fred

the issue was due to my Skeepers Reviews module.

Theme on the site is an Iqit Warehouse which uses the Font Awesome library.

When the module loaded in turn, it tried to also load this library and this caused the site's display to be buggy.

I tried to know how to deactivate the loading of Fontawesome by the module, they gave a tip that did not work and this led to me change my partnerhsip with this review company with whom i had previous problems.

Now i work with Guaranteed Reviews which works well

Hope it would help !

• Like 1