Cannot load country: 0

Gabe-Gabe

Hi everybody.

Please help me to understand what is happening.

I removed some countries, leaving just one... After making some tries with only one country, I decided to add back a new country.

There's no way to add any other country now. Every time I try to import a country with taxes, states, language, etc... I get the error about the title: "Cannot load country: 0"

I'm not able to understand what it depends on.

Please help me

when you say removed, did you delete them?

I recommend install your version of PS to a subomain or spare domain.

using phpmyadmin

export the county table from new install

the on existing shop rename your current country table 

then import the  country table to get a clean install

TIP: never delete anything if it can be disabled....

Thank you very much for your replay.

To answer your first question:

Yes I deleted them.

Your suggestion is a little bit complex... even it would be possible I guess.

To answer your second questions:

Why delete in place of disable? Because I can! As well as I can add a new one! So the real question is:

Why shouldn't I be able to delete and to put again something? It's in the various possibilities. I may want to totally delete a country and then later to place is in again.

What's wrong with it? Is Prestashop just a toy as I always thought? I work with many platforms to develop websites. Mainly I work with the most professional one that is Drupal. Sadly, there are no plugin for drupal to work with drop shipping. So I had to choose another platform. Even though I knew that few products are proud of the title of "professional platform". In any case, I'm working with Prestashop now... never mind other platform.

I'd just like to know why if I delete a country and I want to add it again later I must face that error.

1 hour ago, Gabe-Gabe said:

Thank you very much for your replay.

To answer your first question:

Yes I deleted them.

Your suggestion is a little bit complex... even it would be possible I guess.

To answer your second questions:

Why delete in place of disable? Because I can! As well as I can add a new one! So the real question is:

Why shouldn't I be able to delete and to put again something? It's in the various possibilities. I may want to totally delete a country and then later to place is in again.

What's wrong with it? Is Prestashop just a toy as I always thought? I work with many platforms to develop websites. Mainly I work with the most professional one that is Drupal. Sadly, there are no plugin for drupal to work with drop shipping. So I had to choose another platform. Even though I knew that few products are proud of the title of "professional platform". In any case, I'm working with Prestashop now... never mind other platform.

I'd just like to know why if I delete a country and I want to add it again later I must face that error.

why disable as opposed to delete?...well the mess you are in explains it....my feedback is from experience...both in PS and IT in general...

if my solution is bit complex then I recommend posting in job section and build a relationship with a tech support person to help you out as needed.