Problem with EAN in PrestaShop

Dan.Jan

Hello,
I need some help with EAN codes in Prestashop. I would like to switch my e-shop to a new version of Prestashop and as part of that I would like to add missing EAN codes for some products. 

The problem is that if I add these EAN codes, it changes the URLs of the products that I have indexed in GOOGLE (Now some URLs contain EAN and others do not). I would like to keep these URLs exactly as they are for SEO reasons.

Is there any way to keep the original URLs and have the EAN codes filled in for all products? For example, some module?

Thank you.

11 hours ago, gujarnaveed said:

Hello,

I understand that you are looking for help with EAN codes in Prestashop. You mentioned that you would like to add missing EAN codes for some products, but adding these codes may change the URLs of your products that are already indexed in Google, and you would like to keep these URLs the same for SEO reasons.

One possible solution is to use a URL redirect module. This module would allow you to keep the original URLs and redirect them to the new URLs that include the EAN codes. This way, you can have the EAN codes filled in for all products without changing the indexed URLs.

There are several URL redirect modules available in the Prestashop marketplace that you can explore. Some popular ones include "SEO Redirect 301, 302, 303, 404 URL Manager" and "Pretty URLs - Remove IDs & Numbers from URL".

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you, I will have a look.