Change database's tables' prefix in prestashop 8.0.2 +

Hello

I installed prestashop 8.0.2 and used a custom prefix xyz_ for the database tables that is different form the defualt one which is ps_

Due to problems with updates of some modules and autoupgrade of prestashop now I want to change the prefix to the defualt one ps_

I thus renamed all the tables in the database using phpmyadmin, this is pretty easy

Then I edited the file app/config/parameters.php changing the prefix parameter form xyz_ to ps_

I logged to the back office, the dashboard works fine, but when I tried to enter any other configuration panel I got the 500 internal server error, for instance I tried to go into advanced parameters > perfomance to clear the cache and force the recompilation of the templetes and got 500 internal server error

so I enabled the debug system, I tried to go into "perfomance" and now it worked fine and I got no error message whatsoever

At this point I disabled the debug and tried again and got the 500 internal server error

I enabled again the debug, went into performance, cleared the cache, forced the recomplition of the templates, disabled the debug and tried again to open perfomrance and again got the 500 internal server error.

So I decided to try all what is possible, I disabled overrides, same results, I disabled non native modules, same results, I edited a theme file in which I saw that the old xyz_ prefix was still stated and changed all the entries witht he defualt ps_ prefix, and got exactly always the same results, every thing seemingly workign right if debug is on and always 500 internal server error if debug is off

I also searched in all tables of the database if the old xyz_ prefix was present somewhere and I found it nowhere

I checked the var/cache/dev/container....files and seems that each now contain the ps_ prefix and not the old xyz_ prefix....

so at this point I have no idea where else I should look to solve this issue....

Which is the exact procedure to change the prefix of the database tables in prestashop 8?

Please , this is an urgent issue, it blocks me from upgrading prestashop and causes a lot of problems

Thanks in advance

• 9 months later...