Backoffice login loop and ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS in the frontend

danyeah

I downloaded version 1.7.8.8, install went file and db is created correctly.

But when i go to login in the backoffice, it reloads the same page
Frontend returns an error page: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
I have tried different browsers (Brave & Chrome version 111, Safari 16, Firefox 111) all lead to same behaviour, always deleting /var/cache to be sure to start from fresh cache(also browser cache has been deleted in all tests)

I have googled long and far to try to find a solutions and tried all the suggestions found but still can't make it work.

I am running apache with MAMP and i've tried it with different php version

Since i dont have SSL locally i disabled it in PS_CONFIGURATION table
PS_SSL_ENABLED : 0
PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE : 0

I have also changed the url from 127.0.0.1 to localhost via the PS_SHOP_URL table

Enabled _PS_MODE_DEV in defines.inc.php but its not showing any errors anywhere.

I have also upped max_execution_time to 300s and post_max_size to 128M 

I have also checked with the virus script, cause i read that there might be a virus. but nothing showed up.

/var/logs/dev.log is showing

php.INFO: User Deprecated: Creating Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\UnderscoreNamingStrategy without making it number aware is deprecated and will be removed in Doctrine ORM 3.0. {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Creating Doctrine\\ORM\\Mapping\\UnderscoreNamingStrategy without making it number aware is deprecated and will be removed in Doctrine ORM 3.0. at /Users/daniel/ps2/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/UnderscoreNamingStrategy.php:66)"} []

php.INFO: User Deprecated: Not specifying the optional ShopConstraint parameter is deprecated since version 1.7.8.0 {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Not specifying the optional ShopConstraint parameter is deprecated since version 1.7.8.0 at /Users/daniel/ps2/src/Adapter/Configuration.php:418)"} []

Happy to provide more info, i have no idea how to solve.

anyone has any idea? I have resolved using Docker, but still so frustrating taking days just to install a CMS(and it was a clean install, can't imagine if it was a working website)  and can't find any info on how to solve, i even opened a github issue, response was worse than here https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/32045

I opened this thread days ago and still content need to be approved by a moderator.

Is prestashop community dead? I hope i won't have to use this software again in my life. So frustrating.

ps: i have been developing websites for 15 years, ive used them all, so no its not that maybe im a newbie and don't know what to do.

Thanks

Best regards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2023 at 6:09 AM, danyeah said:

anyone has any idea? I have resolved using Docker, but still so frustrating taking days just to install a CMS(and it was a clean install, can't imagine if it was a working website)  and can't find any info on how to solve, i even opened a github issue, response was worse than here https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/32045

I opened this thread days ago and still content need to be approved by a moderator.

Is prestashop community dead? I hope i won't have to use this software again in my life. So frustrating.

ps: i have been developing websites for 15 years, ive used them all, so no its not that maybe im a newbie and don't know what to do.

Thanks

Best regards.

Yes, this is dead. No interest from Prestashop company to resolve important issues like this one. I have more than 10 years in PrestaShop. Just updated to 1.7.8.9 version and I have the same issue. Any of the previous fixings is working now.

Other CMS are agile by far, Presta is terrible...

• Like 1