[Module] Simple Blog – free PrestaShop blog module (New version 1.1.5)

Does your website have a blog? If not, that's a pity!

We should think about creating a website blog. Why? Not only because it's a place to update and share your store information with customers but also a tool to increase traffic for your site!

I didn't give it much thought at first; I just used it to publicize upcoming events in the store and offer helpful tips to consumers. But then I found that the blog had substantially improved the content of my store's website, as well as the number of visitors.

PrestaShop does not support this feature by default, so we have developed the Simple Blog - a PrestaShop Blog module that can help you add and manage your website blog easily!

Compatibility: Simple Blog is compatible with PrestaShop 1.7 and 8.x

FEATURES

• Allow you to create blog categories to organize and manage blog posts scientifically.
  • Add blog posts easily with different types of content: text, images, videos, etc.
  • Allow you to create a short description for your blog to summarize the content and display it on the blog listing page so that the visitor can get an overview of the main content of that blog post.
  • Support SEO elements: you can customize meta title, meta description, meta keyword, friendly URL.
  • Provide the function of managing comments in blog posts.
  • Send notification email to customers when their comment is approved and when admin/other users replied to their comment.
  • Support 2 types of blog post layout:  List or Grid.
  • Import/export blog data.
  • Support multi-store mode.
  • Support multiple languages.

DOWNLOAD NOW

[NEW] Version 1.1.5

ets_blog.zip

Version 1.1.2

ets_blog.zip

Version 1.1.0

ets_blog.zip

GO PREMIUM

Besides, we also have a premium version of this module – BLOG. If you want more advanced features, you should purchase a premium module. Now, let’s learn about some awesome features available in the premium version only!

A complete and useful tool to help you create and manage your website blog professionally!

The module provides full features: blog categories, blog posts, featured posts, author, comments, image gallery, image slider,...

Back-office uses jQuery Ajax technology to reduce the time of page reloads.

Support comment system, email notification, and security CAPTCHA

Modern and eye-catching design

The module offers an image slider and 4 stunning page templates. You can also create an image gallery and display it in different places on the website.

Set up an author group and empower them

You can set up a group of people who are only in charge of blogs without interfering with website management.

Import/export blog data easily

You can back up or import your entire blog content with just a few clicks. Besides, you can also transfer data from WordPress in a simple way!

Improve your website ranking on search engines

Support SEO factors: friendly URL, meta title, meta description, RSS feed to help you optimize SEO elements for your website Blog.

If you have any questions or need our support, you can leave a comment below and we will reply as quickly as possible!

Edited by prestahero.com
Update version 1.1.5 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 5:28 PM, DevelopperK said:

Hi! Thank you for the module it helped me a lot but i wonder if there is a way for each team member to have his own blogs (His blogs become seen and edited only by him)

Hello, thank you so much for using our module. Regarding the feature you mentioned, we would like to suggest the premium version of Simple Blog module - "BLOG". You can assign other users to become blog authors, and they can view and edit their own blog posts.

My best regard.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I recently updated from 1.7.8 to 8.1.0 and the blog on the home page disappeared (the "blog" alias still works and blog is active). Tried to disable the "Display blog post in home page" option and re-enable again, but no luck.

Could you help please?

On 7/30/2023 at 2:57 AM, greg_m said:

Hi, I recently updated from 1.7.8 to 8.1.0 and the blog on the home page disappeared (the "blog" alias still works and blog is active). Tried to disable the "Display blog post in home page" option and re-enable again, but no luck.

Could you help please?

Hello Greg,

Thank you for using our Simple Blog free module. Regarding your problem, I suggest you should check the "displayHome" hook (https://prnt.sc/AXRI4zvA5DpR) to see if Simple Blog module is using this hook or not.

Best regard.

19 hours ago, prestahero.com said:

Hello Greg,

Thank you for using our Simple Blog free module. Regarding your problem, I suggest you should check the "displayHome" hook (https://prnt.sc/AXRI4zvA5DpR) to see if Simple Blog module is using this hook or not.

Best regard.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I think the hook was correct. However the add-on un-install and then re-install (with a backup first) worked.

Many thanks!

Great work!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 8:04 PM, ComGrafPL said:

The issue we have is "lazy load", blog images on front blog page keeps spinning. After inspect is caused by lazy load. We dont have it installed. It leads to blog module folder. How to disable it?

Thank you for using our Simple Blog module. We apologize for the delayed response to your comment.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, we have rechecked the code of the Simple Blog module. While the module references the 'lazyload' variable, it does not affect the ability to load images within the blog. We also do not provide an option to enable/disable 'lazyload' in the module configuration page. It's possible that another module you are using has this feature and it may be affecting the blog images. Please double-check.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, AndresK said:

FYI

After clearing the cache, the module fails to re-compile "blog-friendly" links for pagination.

The current solution to access the pages is to switch off "blog-friendly" links. The "unfriendly" links will work fine.

Hello,

We have received your error message. Our support team will request the developer to update the module and release a new version of "Simple Blog" as soon as possible.
Please wait for the new version of the module to be updated on this topic.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...

Hello, thanks for the module! Is there a Github repository to participate?

We've just discovered that it's not possible to replace certain files, for example the single_post.tpl file. You need to update the modules/ets_blog/controllers/front/blog.php file to modify the line: ~120

return $this->context->smarty->fetch(__MODULE_DIR_.$this->module->name.'/views/templates/hook/single_post.tpl') ;

by 

return $this->module->display($this->module->name, 'single_post.tpl'); 

With the change Prestashop knows how to override these files

Best regards,

On 1/9/2024 at 4:38 PM, Anthocnt said:

Hello, thanks for the module! Is there a Github repository to participate?

We've just discovered that it's not possible to replace certain files, for example the single_post.tpl file. You need to update the modules/ets_blog/controllers/front/blog.php file to modify the line: ~120

return $this->context->smarty->fetch(__MODULE_DIR_.$this->module->name.'/views/templates/hook/single_post.tpl') ;

by 

return $this->module->display($this->module->name, 'single_post.tpl'); 

With the change Prestashop knows how to override these files

Best regards,

Thank you for this contribution. We will update this change in the next version of the Simple Blog module. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to share the git directory for the module.

We will notify you when the new version is posted to the forum.

Best regards.

• prestahero.com changed the title to [Module] Simple Blog – free PrestaShop blog module (New version 1.1.0)
On 1/17/2024 at 9:27 PM, Juliusj said:

Hi, prestashop 8.1.3 "owl-carousel" not working when add more than 1 post.

blog.png

Thank you for using our Simple Blog module. 

We have tested this module on PrestaShop v8.1.3 and did not encounter this error: https://prnt.sc/d5wW0PzAGLRD

Maybe the current theme you are using is not compatible completely with our module. We need more details to detect the exact reason causing this error.

My best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed the latest simple blog module and my prestashop version is 8.1.3

I've posted a test post but it was only showing a blank page.

I've managed to find the error:

imagem.thumb.png.dc2c225345667c975797101d8dea4bd9.png

In file module/ets_blog/controllers/front/blog.php there is an error: it has a period instead of a comma, after name, has I show in the image. I've changed the period for a comma and know it's working.

Thanks for your good work.

• Like 1

• prestahero.com changed the title to [Module] Simple Blog – free PrestaShop blog module (New version 1.1.2)
6 hours ago, kittysgifts said:

I've installed the latest simple blog module and my prestashop version is 8.1.3

I've posted a test post but it was only showing a blank page.

I've managed to find the error:

imagem.thumb.png.dc2c225345667c975797101d8dea4bd9.png

In file module/ets_blog/controllers/front/blog.php there is an error: it has a period instead of a comma, after name, has I show in the image. I've changed the period for a comma and know it's working.

Thanks for your good work.

Thank you so much for this contribution. We've updated the new version of Simple Blog module based on your suggestion.

My best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 2:24 AM, planetarivs said:

Module on mobile devices is showing block with all links, search and archives and lists before the post itself...

Imagem WhatsApp 2024-02-04 às 17.25.25_712ba2de.jpg

Thank you for using the Simple Blog module and reaching out! I apologize for the delayed response as the Lunar New Year holiday had things a bit busy.

I understand your concern about the order of blog sections appearing before the post itself on mobile devices. Unfortunately, in the free version of Simple Blog, the order of these sections is fixed to ensure optimal performance and compatibility across different devices.

However, if you'd like more control over the layout and order of your blog sections on mobile, you might consider checking out the premium version of Simple Blog called BLOG (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/blog-forum-new/25908-blog-drive-high-traffic-boost-seo.html). This version offers advanced customization options, including rearranging sections and tailoring the mobile layout to your preferences.

While I understand this might not be the answer you were hoping for, I hope it clarifies the limitations of the free version and potentially opens up an even better solution for your blog!

Thank you for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 7:18 AM, prestahero.com said:

Thank you for using the Simple Blog module and reaching out! I apologize for the delayed response as the Lunar New Year holiday had things a bit busy.

I understand your concern about the order of blog sections appearing before the post itself on mobile devices. Unfortunately, in the free version of Simple Blog, the order of these sections is fixed to ensure optimal performance and compatibility across different devices.

However, if you'd like more control over the layout and order of your blog sections on mobile, you might consider checking out the premium version of Simple Blog called BLOG (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/blog-forum-new/25908-blog-drive-high-traffic-boost-seo.html). This version offers advanced customization options, including rearranging sections and tailoring the mobile layout to your preferences.

While I understand this might not be the answer you were hoping for, I hope it clarifies the limitations of the free version and potentially opens up an even better solution for your blog!

Thank you for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Best regards.

Thanks for clearing that one up.
I will consider it when and if the price will be justifiable.
Take this as an advice if you will, but for majority of new, small businesses using Prestashop, the price asked for modules is too high.
Of course work should be paid, as for all of us, but it seems to me that developers are forgetting that adding just a few modules can be extremely expensive for a small start up. Not everyone is working out of dropshipping models...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 12:09 PM, prestahero.com said:

Does your website have a blog? If not, that's a pity!

We should think about creating a website blog. Why? Not only because it's a place to update and share your store information with customers but also a tool to increase traffic for your site!

I didn't give it much thought at first; I just used it to publicize upcoming events in the store and offer helpful tips to consumers. But then I found that the blog had substantially improved the content of my store's website, as well as the number of visitors.

PrestaShop does not support this feature by default, so we have developed the Simple Blog - a PrestaShop Blog module that can help you add and manage your website blog easily!

Compatibility: Simple Blog is compatible with PrestaShop 1.7 and 8.x

FEATURES

• Allow you to create blog categories to organize and manage blog posts scientifically.
  • Add blog posts easily with different types of content: text, images, videos, etc.
  • Allow you to create a short description for your blog to summarize the content and display it on the blog listing page so that the visitor can get an overview of the main content of that blog post.
  • Support SEO elements: you can customize meta title, meta description, meta keyword, friendly URL.
  • Provide the function of managing comments in blog posts.
  • Send notification email to customers when their comment is approved and when admin/other users replied to their comment.
  • Support 2 types of blog post layout:  List or Grid.
  • Import/export blog data.
  • Support multi-store mode.
  • Support multiple languages.

DOWNLOAD NOW

[NEW] Version 1.1.2

ets_blog.zip 263.41 kB · 21 downloads

Version 1.1.0

ets_blog.zip 218.66 kB · 21 downloads

Version 1.0.9

ets_blog.zip 216.88 kB · 48 downloads

GO PREMIUM

Besides, we also have a premium version of this module – BLOG. If you want more advanced features, you should purchase a premium module. Now, let’s learn about some awesome features available in the premium version only!

A complete and useful tool to help you create and manage your website blog professionally!

The module provides full features: blog categories, blog posts, featured posts, author, comments, image gallery, image slider,...

Back-office uses jQuery Ajax technology to reduce the time of page reloads.

Support comment system, email notification, and security CAPTCHA

Modern and eye-catching design

The module offers an image slider and 4 stunning page templates. You can also create an image gallery and display it in different places on the website.

Set up an author group and empower them

You can set up a group of people who are only in charge of blogs without interfering with website management.

Import/export blog data easily

You can back up or import your entire blog content with just a few clicks. Besides, you can also transfer data from WordPress in a simple way!

Improve your website ranking on search engines

Support SEO factors: friendly URL, meta title, meta description, RSS feed to help you optimize SEO elements for your website Blog.

If you have any questions or need our support, you can leave a comment below and we will reply as quickly as possible!

Good day i need help how to include simple blog module on google sitemap im not able to find any blog post on sitemap i need it to attach on google search console thanks 

22 hours ago, exmaistro said:

Good day i need help how to include simple blog module on google sitemap im not able to find any blog post on sitemap i need it to attach on google search console thanks 

Thank you for using our "Simple Blog" module.

Currently, the free "Simple Blog" module does not support automatic Sitemap generation. Therefore, you need to create a manual Sitemap to submit to Google Search Console. Additionally, you may consider upgrading to the paid version of the "Simple Blog" module which is the "BLOG" module. This version supports automatic Sitemap creation for each language and allows Sitemap customization.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RobbieBlokeToys said:

Having the same issue.

Trying to click to the next page of blog posts leads to 404.

Don't suppose you've worked out a solution?

The urls /blog?page=x are working so I updated the following method in the plugin php file: 

public function replacePage($page)
{
	$controller = Tools::getValue('controller');
	if(!Validate::isControllerName($controller))
		$controller='';
	if($limt = (int)Tools::getValue('paginator_'.$this->name.'_select_limit'))
		$extra ='&paginator_'.$this->name.'_select_limit='.$limt;
	else
		$extra ='';
	if($page > 1)
		return str_replace('/_page_', '?page='.$page, $this->url.$extra);
	elseif($this->friendly && $this->alias && $controller != 'AdminModules')
		return str_replace('/_page_', '', $this->url).$extra;
	else
		return str_replace('/_page_', '?page='.$page, $this->url).$extra;
}

It's a temporary fix until there's a real correction to the module or someone finds out where it's coming from. If the urls are indexed on google, do not forget to create redirects when the module is fixed

12 hours ago, RobbieBlokeToys said:

Having the same issue.

Trying to click to the next page of blog posts leads to 404.

Don't suppose you've worked out a solution?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this issue. We have acknowledged the error and have forwarded it to our technical team for further investigation.

We understand that this can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. We are working on a fix for this issue and it will be included in the next release of the module.

We will keep you updated on our progress and will let you know as soon as the fix is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely.

• prestahero.com changed the title to [Module] Simple Blog – free PrestaShop blog module (New version 1.1.5)

The "Simple Blog" module v1.1.5 is available

This update includes the following improvements:

• Compatibility update for PrestaShop 8.1.5
  • Fixed the issue where enabling the "Enable blog friendly URL" option and clicking on the next page on the front end would result in a 404 error.

We recommend that all users update to the latest version of the module. You can download the new version from the first post of this topic.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 1:49 AM, prestahero.com said:

Fixed the issue where enabling the "Enable blog friendly URL" option and clicking on the next page on the front end would result in a 404 error.

Can confirm updating the module worked for me.

Thank you!

• Like 1