Change websites on domain

Hi

1st post here... I installed a new version of Prestashop 1.778 as I just wanted to test it to see how I got on.. I have now build a complete new website and is ready to swap over to my main domain...

Now I don't know if I have done it wrong and I have tried a few things like using .htaccess and admin seo side by changing the Base URI settings, but all I get is a broken site.. My website is say www.abcd.co.uk and I added a new website under www.abcd.co.uk/test-site. Have I done wrong or is there a step by step guide to get things swapped around correctly.

thanks

I have been thinking about it and know you say it it makes sense about putting files into the home directory lol. I'll give it a go this weekend .. thank you

I was also battling with the file structure with 1.7 in FTP... I know where every thing is in 1.6

Not sure where I am going wrong

i copied all the files over to the main directory after deleting my old files...Changed the ,htaccess and changed the Base URI

checked app/config/parameters.php all looked OK as am using the same database + cleaned out var , also made a new var file, cleaned cache to no effect, turned off all performance items

Admin pages are all over the place but can still do things and website doesn't show anything, just a white page.

Obviously missing some step somewhere

You need to change the table ps_shop_url in the mysql database to the new url (you change localhost to the domain name, e.g. domain.com). In the htaccess file, use notepad++ to change all localhost words to your domain name (e.g. domain.com).

In the configuration file you set the data of the new database on the server: app/config/parameters.php

You need to remove the cache additionally (you remove or add __ for the folder in /var/cache/__prod)

• Like 1

Sorry should have been the log in page was OK, as soon as I signed in it went.

I have been correcting the .htaccess each time in my example it was

# Domain: www.mywebsite.co.uk
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/new/]    just removed the new/ and left the 1 /

there is also another 1 further down with the 404 and did the same there

Also checked in myphp and edited it there too

Mine looks like this.... My main website (another 1 that is fine) looks exactly the same as this but with just 1 / ...

I'm not really good at coding in fact know nothing really, just the things I have self taught myself though the years

It's teh end of the weekend so not going to try again as it takes ages to change over each time

Screenshot 2023-03-26 191023.png

Edited by Andy C (see edit history)

Thanks for all the help and advice.. Good news is I got it working in the end

I used this page as a guide and just followed it step by step

https://www.dreamtheme.eu/blog/how-to-transfer-prestashop-1-7-to-different-location/

Now to start building my main website which is a hellva more complicated with an_products and loads of other modules