Can't upgrade Distribution API Client after upgrade to 8.0.2

The module is shown in our upgrade list to be upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 but when trying to upgrade we get the following message:

Could not perform action update for module undefined

We tried to reset the module, and delete the ps_mbo folder in the var/modules folder, but nothing works.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks

Ok... so just downloading the modules from https://build.prestashop-project.org/ps-monitor-module-releases/ hasn't been an issue until we see that there is an update to ps_accounts which isn't listed on that page.  

We're still getting Could not perform action update for module undefined when trying to update from our backoffice, but installing with the zip file seems to work as long as we can download it.

Any idea where we can get the ps_accounts 6.x latest version?  

Edited by Joey (see edit history)

We upgraded our test site from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 and are getting the same issues.  Before upgrading, modules were upgrading fine from the back office... after upgrade, we're getting the dreaded "Could not perform action update for module undefined" when trying to upgrade modules.  This has to be something with 8.0.2... perhaps something in the database was not upgraded?

Does anyone else have any insight on this?  We're using PHP 8.1

• 2 months later...

I solved this problem. I installed 8.0.4 from scratch to another location, and copy everything I need from there updated, from scratch 8.0.4 works almost perfectly, and after updating the old one it's very crooked. Now I have a donor)) and everything is fine with me!

• 7 months later...

This is a problem when going from 8.0 to 8.1 as well.  In my educated opinion, this is a symptom of a deeper problem within the development community.  Communication, delegation and responsibility are not being properly addressed.  Understanding that these developers are volunteers does not let them operate in any manner that a for profit organization would not.  These issues are related to pressure to deliver a product in a time crunched manner where issues like this are not worked out before updates are pushed out.  It seems that 21st century software development is now using the "let the end users find the bugs and then we will correct them".  The result is what you have before you.

BTW, so far in all of these issues in 8.1.3, resetting the module fixes the problem.  But that can sometimes have consequences related to overall functionality.

• Like 1