PS 1.7.8.7 Geolocation block country not working

Jordi Blanch

Hello,

we want to use the Geolocation feature to prevent users from China to access our shop. I've downloaded and installed the Maxmind database properly, activated Geolocation and unselected China from the accessible countries list.

But when I try to test the configuration using Hola Chrome Extension to access our web from China through Hola VPN, I can still acces our shop, so it seems that Geolocation configuration is not working. If I check the IP address when using Hola VPN with Chrome, the IP address is from China, so the PS Geolocation feature should be blocking me and prevent me from seeing our shop and it isn't.

This is a screenshot of our Geolocation configuration:

image.thumb.png.8c72390e0357df13e3ee07eaf1443782.png

Could anybody tell me if we have misconfigured the Gelocation feature, or if it is not working at all?

Thank you.

Hello @idnovate.com and @razaro, thank you for your answers...

I've tried several times with Hola VPN Chrome extension, even with incognito window and I cannot see it working, but anyway I'll trust @razaro and hope it is working properly. I've also tried websitepulse.com and although I cannot see browser's image, it shows that the answer from our server is a 403-Forbidden, and also using AppInChina one can see a screenshot of the web page and it shows the same page @razaro has shown. So I think that PrestaShop's Geolocation is working as expected.

Thank you for your help!

• Like 1