P.S. 1.7.8.6 There was an error sending the message, please try again. ERROR

Sairon

Hello,

When using the contact form module I get this error when I try to send a message: "There was an error sending the message, please try again.", but I receive the mail in my mailbox. This message is just misleading the customer.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Or if there is no fix how to remove it in general?

URL: http://www.savigynai.lt/susisiekite-su-mumis

Thank you in advanced.

Hi @Sairon,

Have you checked Prestahop's error/extception log for the error message? as there is most likely an error or exception in this file: /var/logs/dev.log or /var/logs/prod.log

You can also try to reset the contact form module, or see if the contact form module was updated and has an override *.tpl file inside the theme folder, and rename or delete that file temporarily to see if the contact form module still has the error after this modification.

I hope that I could help.
Have a nice day, Leo.

HI @Sairon,

Yes, so it's likely that Prestashop or a module is doing something else after the email is sent, which is causing an error.

You can test it by temporarily disabling all Non Prestashop modules , or you can try another test with overrides turned off, and then try sending the FO contact form again.

Also, is there any error, exception, or related warning in the var.log error logs on the server error log?

Have a nice day, Leo.