GeoLocation - PS 1.7.8.8 ?

sampsonzak

Hi all,

I am wondering, how can I update my GeoLocation data on PS 1.7.8.8 ? I am using the normal, built-in PrestaShop GeoLocation. I've never had a problem with it before, but I've had a UK customer complain that his currency was showing as Canadian Dollars instead of GBP.

I've not had this issue before, but it got me thinking - surely it is due an update with the database, as I have never done this?

How can I update the GeoLocation data to the latest to ensure best accuracy?

Thank you

HI

you have an info on Geoloacalization page

Since December 30, 2019, you need to register for a MaxMind account to get a license key to be able to download the geolocation data. Once downloaded, extract the data using Winrar or Gzip into the /app/Resources/geoip/ directory.

So you do need a MaxMind account, it is free. And then in your account settings there in Download files section. You need to unpack that gzip file and get mmdb database file. That one you have to upload to  /app/Resources/geoip/ directory replacing your current one.

screenshot-www.maxmind.com-2023.02.10-09_53_56.png

12 hours ago, razaro said:

HI

you have an info on Geoloacalization page

So you do need a MaxMind account, it is free. And then in your account settings there in Download files section. You need to unpack that gzip file and get mmdb database file. That one you have to upload to  /app/Resources/geoip/ directory replacing your current one.

screenshot-www.maxmind.com-2023.02.10-09_53_56.png

Hi,

thank you very much. I've followed all the steps, verified my account, trying to download the GeoLite2 City - both the GZIP / SHA256 links return the error:

Link is invalid or expired. Try refreshing the page where the link came from, and trying again.

I've logged out, ctrl + f5, retried and the same thing happens.

Do you by any chance have the latest files I could download from you?

Thank you!