Stay away from psitsolution.com PS IT Solution Tools! SCAM ALERT!

Jackster

I bought a couple of their modules back in late 2021. 

While the module worked fine for my shop, I have been inundated with emails from PS IT SOLITION TOOLS about their other products and services.

First email was less than a month from purchase. They requested that I send them a License number of which is impossible to find on their website at the time. Anyway, I sent them my order email and thought that would be it.

Late last year they started email out again. Apparently their code had a load of vulnerabilities in it and I would have to pay to get it fixed.

20th December - First hacker email

image.thumb.png.335593959498e18f7a7ecb27bf30abb5.png

24th December - Fundraising for some dog?

image.thumb.png.f6c3369bce56385d7b663e6844d619d3.png

Jan 1st 2022 - More pushing to get another licence because "hackers" 

image.thumb.png.9aa46e55b4b761357275ff41cef4326b.png

4th Jan 2022 - The copyright/legal scare letter

Important Notice / Aviso importante / Comunicazione Importante

We inform you that given the large number of reports and complaints that we have been forced to send in recent days, in accordance with the E-IT Regulation n. 01/22 09.24.22 for Software producers and owners of related Copyright, the competent authorities, in order to facilitate their and our work, have asked us to send the entire purchaser list of licenses related to our modules/software/manuals, in order to verify their sites and their position regarding compliance with our Terms and Conditions and our Copyright.

IMPORTANT: those who are complying and are therefore in compliance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions obviously won't have to worry about anything. In order to facilitate your more rapid response and verification of the regularity of your situation, we have again reported below an extract of the salient points of the terms and conditions to be verified and followed (highlighted with red text and supplemented with any explanatory comments). In any case, our Customer Care remains at your disposal, for any possible clarification and further information, at the email address [email protected].

IMPORTANT: since the authorities will analyze your/your sites, we advise you to carefully check that you are in compliance, not only with our Terms and Conditions and our Copyright, but also with any other requirement required by current European/International legislation ( GDPR Privacy Cookie, Tax Law, etc). Our Technical Support is at your disposal 24/7 for any queries at [email protected]

We thank you for your attention and cooperation, apologizing for the inconvenience caused but which we are sure you will understand not due to our will.

We remind you, as per various communications sent , that important changes have been made to the terms and conditions, with particular reference to:

- validity of the Licenses purchased;

- duration of validity of the Multidomain License limited to 12 months;

- modifications/integration of the terms and conditions and consequences in case of non-acceptance.

The following points are summarized below but we strongly recommend that you read the Terms and Conditions again, on our store, at the following link

Thanks for your attention and cooperation.

Responsibility and Copyright

We decline all responsibility in case of any problem arising from the breach of these instructions and is not provided free assistance or advice problems resolution.

IMPORTANT NOTE: PS IT Solution transfers the non-exclusive right to use (license/copyright) of Modules of its development and provides occasional services connected to them or not, outside the VAT field in accordance with the italian legislation in force.
Ours modules can be REUSED* on multiple Prestashop sites, own or of your customers, but within the limits indicated below. Unlike most similar modules in the market, sold with a single license (buy one module per site), PS IT Solution offers each module under PS IT Unique License*. Therefore, by purchasing one of our Modules or packages only once, you will have the right to reuse the versions of the module received for a maximum total of four websites/domains/subdomains/subdirectories, in compliance with our Copyright and, obviously, on condition that you have purchased and are in possession of a regular License of use (corresponding to the purchase order number/ref. of each module), to be documented and always try with your order/purchase reference number. It is strictly forbidden and punishable by law and by legal means, with a claim for damages, the sale or distribution of our modules in any capacity and / or the removal of our Copyright from them. For the protection of our Copyright and end users, all our forms are tracked. PS IT Unique License is valid for twelve months, after which the license will be valid for a single website/domain/subdomain/subdirectory. Therefore, to continue using our module(s) in the terms and in the manner indicated above, it will be necessary to purchase an "Upgrade Fee". Any violation will be promptly reported to the competent authorities, with all the following consequences*.

With reference to the above, we reserve the right to request the license number from anyone who uses one of our modules, at any time.

*Each license is linked to the reference or Purchase Order number and the ownership or customer relationship of the websites on which our modules are used must be proven and verifiable. Only the licenses present in your current "order history" area of this platform are valid. All previous licenses or, in any case, not present in your current "order history", are to be considered expired and/or invalid. Continuing to use our modules will therefore represent a violation of our copyright, which will be promptly reported to the competent authorities and will give rise to a consequent request for compensation for the economic damage caused by this, quantifiable in the license price at the time of the request multiplied by a factor of 100.

Update Terms and Conditions

Terms and Conditions may be subject to updates, with additions and/or modifications, at any time, which will be communicated by email to customers, with the exception of those who have requested, with reference to what is established in these Terms and Conditions and/or by legislation in force on the subject, the cancellation from the contact list for News and Communications (see point above), to which it is advisable to constantly examine it in order to stay updated on the matter. Any communications blocked by your anti-spam service are also considered valid. You are obviously free not to accept any updates. This must be communicated in writing, via email, to [email protected] and will result in the immediate loss of the license granted and the consequent right to use the connected modules. Continuing to use our modules will therefore represent a violation of our copyright, which will be promptly reported to the competent authorities and will give rise to a consequent request for compensation for the economic damage caused by this, quantifiable in the license price at the time of the request multiplied by a factor of 100.

28th of Jan 2022 - The copyright infringement letter

This is the email they sent to me, and CCed in my work email and [email protected], [email protected] 

For the kind attention of the Resp. of Procedures.

Ref*: use of our software (prestashop modules) without a regular user license and failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions

According to the recent International Agreement (E-IT Regulation n. 01/22 of 09.24.22) between EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office) and ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) and with reference to the massive procedure for verifying and sanctioning users in violation of our terms and conditions/copyright, we kindly ask you to give maximum priority, compatibly with your current other commitments, to the case indicated in the reference.

Despite our warnings, the infringers are clearly infringing our copyright by making prolonged use of our module without a regular user license and failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions and to regularize their situation, by purchasing a regular license.

As per the international regulation we are complying with, we remind you that, even if they deactivate/uninstall the module, the crime committed and their punishability and sanctionability remain confirmed, thanks to the documented evidence collected and already in your possession. 

We look forward t

o hearing from you in order to give a mandate to our lawyers to proceed with the request for compensation for damages established in the current value of the license multiplied by a factor of 100 + legal fees + penalty added for prolonged use without regular license by you eventually authorized.

VERY IMPORTANT: After our first warnings it is possible that he proceeded to disable/uninstall the software/s in reference, we therefore kindly ask you to refer to the documented evidence already in your possession, as per the regulation, with the due major penalties.

Thank you
Best regards

You might be thinking I am using their software without a licence. Well I am not. I bought it in late 2019 and proved that to them when they asked for the licence number less than a month later. They know that my shop URL is attached to my personal email that they have been emailing so they know I have bought the module. 

Yet they email me and CC'ed in those "authorities" with 

Despite our warnings, the infringers are clearly infringing our copyright by making prolonged use of our module without a regular user license and failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions and to regularize their situation, by purchasing a regular license.

When I bought the modules back in 2019, there was nothing about how long one could use them for on the order page or in the TOS.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220520232249/https://psitsolution.com/tools/en/info/terms-and-conditions

Today if you go to https://psitsolution.com/tools/en/info/terms-and-conditions

*Each license is linked to the reference or Purchase Order number and the ownership or customer relationship of the websites on which our modules are used must be proven and verifiable. Only the licenses present in your current "order history" area of this platform are valid. All previous licenses or, in any case, not present in your current "order history", are to be considered expired and/or invalid (see notification communicated on 02.01.2022). Continuing to use our modules but also only the proof of possession will therefore represent a violation of our copyright, which will be promptly reported to the competent authorities and will give rise to a consequent request for compensation for the economic damage caused by this, quantifiable in the license price at the time of the request multiplied by a factor of 100.

This links to

Important and urgent communication

Web platform change for privacy adjustment. Urgent need to provide the information subsequently requested no later than 90 days from this communication.

To all the customers.

Following the need for a change of web platform, in order to adapt to the new Privacy Law (GDPR) which came into force in January of this year, we inform you that on February 19, 2022 we will switch to a new web platform which will require, on the part yours, as a matter of urgency and strictly the following:
1. new customer account registration;
2. sending the list of domains/websites that use the module/s of our intellectual property of which you own our license for use purchased on the previous web platform.
IMPORTANT: in order to comply with the aforementioned new legislation on privacy, failure to re-register and/or fail to send the aforementioned list of domains/websites will entail, on our part, the obligation to invalidate the licenses in your possession. the licenses can in any case be repurchased within the following 15 days, free of charge.
Once this further term has elapsed, they must be repurchased for consideration, at the price indicated on the new site.
Apologizing for the involuntary inconvenience caused and certain of your kind cooperation, we send our best regards.

So they have changed the TOS after order, of which they can do if notified, but have hidden this message above in the TOS forcing us to email them a list of URLs that we have used the module on otherwise they will "invalidate the licenses in your possession".

Of which, if that was an email, was not sent to me. I don't delete emails other than actual spam so I would have this if it was sent out. 

It is also quite unreasonable to request this every year at this rate.. 

If you are planning on getting a module from these clowns, don't! 

I don't know what is going on with them but they are clearly not all there and clearly don't actually care for their customers.

TLDR; Bought a module back in late 2019, they email every site that runs their software as it has call backs so they can check licences, their code is compromised, they change the TOS as and when and will send spammy emails to you including donation drives for dogs and legal threats that they CC the "authorities" in. 

Edited by Jackster (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jackster changed the title to Stay away from psitsolution.com PS IT Solution Tools! SCAM ALERT!

Update - I can pretty much confirm what he is doing is now a scam.

After posting this he messaged again and I have had correspondence with several other people about this.

image.thumb.png.4ad1c855736b6fc4058be45e8a425939.png

This is a copy paste that several others have received. Note that the email address that he quotes as part of this chain is not active.

That and there are multiple mistakes in the email and the language used is not correct for any government agent. 

image.thumb.png.00e71b36d6fed4b70bc74aefcf43d279.png

Shortly after receiving the fake chain above, I go this. Again confirming that if one was to buy the software again, all legal action will be dropped. 

image.thumb.png.8f2b1a7558a7ea48184097572c29b4aa.png

Not only does he not have a leg to stand on legally (we bought the module under the impression that it was a perpetual licence given that there were no claims to it being limited to X amount of time at the time), but to then attempt to pressure people to buy modules again by using fake email chains, this is clearly a scam.

If you have bought a module from this guy because of the emails he has sent you, please refund ASAP!

• Like 1

Had the same today on modules purchased in 2020

Stating I am using the modules illegally as the license is not registered to an account on their system. Went to login and my account had been deleted. Created a new account to the same email and they immediately sent an email with the previous order reference number and details for the modules purchased in 2020 saying I was using them illegally. 

Funny how they knew what the order was but had chosen to delete the original account.

I have replied with instruct solicitors and I will see you in court and that I will counter sue for costs involved in wasting my time.

I doubt they will follow through with any action seems a fear scam to get people to buy again.

If anyone does come along and read this thread. As stated above chargeback the amount paid if you can. Its a scam.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with them. I bought the cleanurl-module in 2019 from them and still have the invoice. Since some days they are bombing me with emails. First I thought that it is only a kind of newsletter or so, too many stuffg to read in different languages (but not mine). 

Today I've asked them: WHAT do you want? Their answer: read the terms and conditions. I ask again what they want me to do and they answer that I have to buy a new license otherwise they would sue me for copyright validation.

Edited by Steppu (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It is strange, I have bought the module 2019 with my private e-mail address. This is where I get the blackmail emails from them all the time. So far, nothing has been sent to the addresses of my shops, although that would actually make a lot more sense.

• Like 1

I am in the same situation. I was now thinking that if this is all due to a change of their policy, due to GDPR, and I have not accepted that new data policy, I should not continue to be in their database now receiving all these emails (including the dog one). 

• Like 1

Changing terms and conditions, implementing a GDPR policy or any other change does not invalidate a purchase made previously as that purchase was made under the terms and conditions at the time of purchase.

You cannot apply new terms to a previously made purchase.

This is just a scam and scare tactic to obtain more revenue.

Edited by hennaboy (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do not fight separately, but list your problems en masse and document the blackmail directly. So you can simply report the fraudster, the site will cancel it and the police will thoroughly investigate it. It makes a false statement to the EUIPO and they are happy to take it on. If you have such a problem within the European Union, you have an obligation to report such behavior.

https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en

• 1 month later...

This web psitsolution is threatening me with updating a module that I am not going to use (incredible) and it does not stop threatening everything with the purpose of obtaining economic benefit, we are investigating it, such behavior is not normal, it must be crazy or crazy.

I threatened to counter sue them and would move any legal action to my country where they would then have to come and represent themselves at their own cost.

Never heard from them again.

Everyone should make a complaint to their host provider on this. Their IP 185.31.67.116 tracks to 

hostingvirtuale.com

This is probably against their terms of service and could be a way to get their website shut down or they cease this type of contact.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

BUMP.

Stay well away from this guy. We have purchased this module three times over the years (2018 to 2022) and today he has had two of my domains temporarily suspended by the webhost as he is claiming some sort of infringement.

At the time of purchase there was no limitation on usage stated in the terms & conditions. He is attempting to apply his new t&c retroactively in order to blackmail us. (Even though we have purchased three licenses over the years, all with no restriction).

This isn't the first time I've dealt with this person who is based in Tenerife, Spain. In a previous encounter he accused us of not having a license at all which was laughable.

Do not use PSITCLEAN / PS It Solutions / Pierluigi Spaziani

His website psitsolution.com is now hosted with Netsons,  https://www.netsons.com/en/contatti

Be warned.

Update - after our webhost put us back online, he is now sending emails from his "legal department".

psitsolution-threat.jpg

Edited by Rizzzle (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, i can say the same bad things about this guy.

Bought a module from him, and on the same day i receive an email saying that the module is vulnerable. i went to his website again to download the updated version, 8 days after the purchase, but i have to pay for it again.... what a crook.

The email says that the module released before 01.06.2023 are vulnerable. i downloaded last week, but opening the zip file shows that all files were modified on the 24/03/2023. so at this point i don't want to risk my new store with this module with a guy that has this shit attitude.

No wonder he no longer uses paypal. i'm sure the claims would be insane.

Avoid this thief like the plague.

Edited by patuga (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, patuga said:

yeah, i can say the same bad things about this guy.

bought a module from him, and on the same day i receive an email saying that the module is vulnerable. i went to his website again to download the updated version, 8 days after the purchase, but i have to pay for it again.... what a crook.

avoid this thief like the plague.

Turns out some of his modules are stolen too. He takes modules from other PS developers and edits them so the appear like they're from his sham company.

He filed a DMCA takedown of my website which Google eventually rejected. 

The dude is a scumbag. 

Just now, patuga said:

yeah... too bad we only google for reviews once we see that we got scammed.

same stuff happened to me with freepik.com, but at least that time i got a refund.

Ask your credit or debit card provider to do a chargeback on the transaction. You will get your money back. 

On 1/28/2023 at 11:19 PM, Jackster said:

20th December - First hacker email

image.thumb.png.335593959498e18f7a7ecb27bf30abb5.png

I just noticed that in 2 years the versions of the module is the same :D

Right after the purchase i got this email, with the same warning. i wouldn't be too surprised if he's the hacker, only to sell you some more vulnerability removal modules :D

I'll have to uninstall the freaking module.

Email recieved on the 5th of October 2023.

scam-mail.jpg

Edited by patuga (see edit history)