Checkout Showing US State Selector For United Kingdom Customers

Hi there.

When a customer from the UK goes through the checkout steps, when selecting United Kingdom the drop down for adding US states is still active. So a UK address is added in full, click save, but an error says that a US State must be chosen.

I checked in International>Locations>Countries>United Kingdom and the 'Contains States' button is set to 'No'

I have tried the checkout process using other locations (eg in Europe) and the US state drop down does not appear.

Any ideas?

Prestashop v 8.0.0

PS8_checkout_dropdown.jpg

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I just checked the Address Format as you suggested and this is what is in there...

firstname lastname
company
vat_number
address1
address2
city
postcode
phone

So there is no State field.

I have been comparing the UK settings to other countries where the US State does not appear and I cannot see any difference.

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to say in addition that the system is completely ignoring what is in the `address_format` table for country Bulgaria. I tried adding states for Bulgaria and enabling the option, tried adding VAT number as a field in the address form, however, it looks like it's displaying the same form as country United States, it only says "Bulgaria" in the country drop down.

EDIT: It looks like whatever is set as "Default Country" in "International -> Localization", has an impact on the address format for user checkout - whatever the country is, it takes the format of United States

EDIT2: What fixed the problem for me in the end is disabling "Set default country from browser language" in "International -> Localization". I tried debugging but couldn't find where the problem is. For people more technically familiar with the platform, in my opinion there is a conflict somewhere between Default Country and Browser detected country and that's causing the issue.

Edited by Flitepal (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...