Error 500 on accessing the admin panel after upgrading to Prestashop 8.0.1

Climatizare

Hello, basically i have version 1.7.7 and upgraded with 1ClickUpgrade module to Prestashop 8.0.1

The problem is now that i cannot acces the backend. The error that im getting is:

Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_pkthemesettings_configuration_get" as such route does not exist.

pkthemesettings is a module form a theme called Alysum. 

What ive tryed so far:

• disabled the module
  • deleting the module
  • deleting cache 
  • changed to the default Prestashop theme

Any suggestions help.

CRITICAL
20:13:36
php	Uncaught Exception: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_pkthemesettings_configuration_get" as such route does not exist.
{
    "exception": {}
}
CRITICAL
20:13:37
request	Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: "Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_pkthemesettings_configuration_get" as such route does not exist." at /home/c0945442/public_html/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Routing/Generator/CompiledUrlGenerator.php line 50
{
    "exception": {}
}

Edited by Climatizare (see edit history)

• Climatizare changed the title to Error 500 on accessing the admin panel after upgrading to Prestashop 8.0.1
3 hours ago, tschulze-dp said:

Usually the 1 click upgrade module creates an automatic file and database backup of the store before the update is installed. The backup can also be restored via the 1 click upgrade module.

it creates it even if you didnt select the option?

Then of course not. But why would you not want to select this option either?
I would like to think that this option is active by default.
You can look under the Restore item.
In case a backup has been created, there is a drop-down menu that lists the backups that have been made so far.

managed to downgrade the installation to 1.7, the frontend is working (mostly) but now i get this error when im trying to login into the backend

CRITICAL
18:01:02
php	Uncaught Exception: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_security" as such route does not exist.
CRITICAL
request	Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: "Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_security" as such route does not exist." at /home/c0945442/public_html/var/cache/dev/appDevDebugProjectContainerUrlGenerator.php line 614

the cache is deleted when the error occurs

appDevDebugProjectContainerUrlGenerator->generate('admin_security', array(), 1)
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Routing/Router.php (line 240)
    /**     * {@inheritdoc}     */    public function generate($name, $parameters = [], $referenceType = self::ABSOLUTE_PATH)    {        return $this->getGenerator()->generate($name, $parameters, $referenceType);    }    /**     * {@inheritdoc}     */
Router->generate('admin_security', array(), 1)
in src/PrestaShopBundle/Service/Routing/Router.php (line 67)
        // Do not generate token each time we want to generate a route for a user        if (!isset($this->tokens[$username])) {            $this->tokens[$username] = $this->tokenManager->getToken($username)->getValue();        }        $url = parent::generate($name, $parameters, $referenceType);        return self::generateTokenizedUrl($url, $this->tokens[$username]);    }    public function setTokenManager(CsrfTokenManager $tokenManager)
Router->generate('admin_security')
in classes/Link.php (line 881)
            $sfContainer = SymfonyContainer::getInstance();            if (null !== $sfContainer) {                /** @var UrlGeneratorInterface $sfRouter */                $sfRouter = $sfContainer->get('router');                return $sfRouter->generate($tab['route_name']);            }        }        return $this->getAdminLink($tab['class_name']);    }
LinkCore->getTabLink(array('id_tab' => '299', 'id_parent' => '298', 'class_name' => 'AdminSecurity', 'module' => '', 'position' => '1', 'active' => '1', 'icon' => '', 'wording' => 'Security', 'wording_domain' => 'Admin.Navigation.Menu', 'enabled' => '1', 'route_name' => 'admin_security', 'name' => 'Security'))
in classes/controller/AdminController.php (line 2126)
                $tabs[$index]['current_level'] = $level;            } else {                $tabs[$index]['current'] = false;            }            $tabs[$index]['img'] = null;            $tabs[$index]['href'] = $this->context->link->getTabLink($tab);            $tabs[$index]['sub_tabs'] = array_values($this->getTabs($tab['id_tab'], $level + 1));            $subTabHref = $this->getTabLinkFromSubTabs($tabs[$index]['sub_tabs']);            if (!empty($subTabHref)) {                $tabs[$index]['href'] = $subTabHref;

Edited by Climatizare (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Climatizare said:

managed to downgrade the installation to 1.7, the frontend is working (mostly) but now i get this error when im trying to login into the backend

CRITICAL
php	Uncaught Exception: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_security" as such route does not exist.
CRITICAL
request	Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: "Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_security" as such route does not exist." at /home/c0945442/public_html/var/cache/dev/appDevDebugProjectContainerUrlGenerator.php line 614

the cache is deleted when the error occurs

appDevDebugProjectContainerUrlGenerator->generate('admin_security', array(), 1)
in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Routing/Router.php (line 240)
    /**     * {@inheritdoc}     */    public function generate($name, $parameters = [], $referenceType = self::ABSOLUTE_PATH)    {        return $this->getGenerator()->generate($name, $parameters, $referenceType);    }    /**     * {@inheritdoc}     */
Router->generate('admin_security', array(), 1)
in src/PrestaShopBundle/Service/Routing/Router.php (line 67)
        // Do not generate token each time we want to generate a route for a user        if (!isset($this->tokens[$username])) {            $this->tokens[$username] = $this->tokenManager->getToken($username)->getValue();        }        $url = parent::generate($name, $parameters, $referenceType);        return self::generateTokenizedUrl($url, $this->tokens[$username]);    }    public function setTokenManager(CsrfTokenManager $tokenManager)
Router->generate('admin_security')
in classes/Link.php (line 881)
            $sfContainer = SymfonyContainer::getInstance();            if (null !== $sfContainer) {                /** @var UrlGeneratorInterface $sfRouter */                $sfRouter = $sfContainer->get('router');                return $sfRouter->generate($tab['route_name']);            }        }        return $this->getAdminLink($tab['class_name']);    }
LinkCore->getTabLink(array('id_tab' => '299', 'id_parent' => '298', 'class_name' => 'AdminSecurity', 'module' => '', 'position' => '1', 'active' => '1', 'icon' => '', 'wording' => 'Security', 'wording_domain' => 'Admin.Navigation.Menu', 'enabled' => '1', 'route_name' => 'admin_security', 'name' => 'Security'))
in classes/controller/AdminController.php (line 2126)
                $tabs[$index]['current_level'] = $level;            } else {                $tabs[$index]['current'] = false;            }            $tabs[$index]['img'] = null;            $tabs[$index]['href'] = $this->context->link->getTabLink($tab);            $tabs[$index]['sub_tabs'] = array_values($this->getTabs($tab['id_tab'], $level + 1));            $subTabHref = $this->getTabLinkFromSubTabs($tabs[$index]['sub_tabs']);            if (!empty($subTabHref)) {                $tabs[$index]['href'] = $subTabHref;

I have the same issue... After Rolling back i can not access the backend Symphony Errors "admin_security" route does not exist.. Any Help???? 

CRITICAL

Uncaught Exception: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "admin_security" as such route does not exist.

Show context    Hide trace

{▼ /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/var/cache/dev/appDevDebugProjectContainerUrlGenerator.php:606 {▼ › if (!isset(self::$declaredRoutes[$name])) { › throw new RouteNotFoundException(sprintf('Unable to generate a URL for the named route "%s" as such route does not exist.', $name)); › } } /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Routing/Router.php:240 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/src/PrestaShopBundle/Service/Routing/Router.php:67 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/Link.php:881 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php:2125 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php:2126 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php:2126 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php:2126 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php:2001 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/controller/Controller.php:302 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/classes/Dispatcher.php:518 {▶} /home/patriotbushcraft/public_html/admin957mc8ft2ASD/index.php:93 {▶}

This may help some one....
I ended up doing a fresh install of 1.7.8.2 
I then uploaded my img, theme and ONLY THE MISSING modules folders. - Do not upload your entire backup ( this wont work )

I deleted "dropped" all of the database tables from the newly created database.

I then imported the backed up data into it. For me this had to be a zipped file randomnumbersdatasql.zip

After this I was then able to access bo again. 
I disabled each custom module and then re-enabled them one at a time.

This fixed my issue. -

PrestaShop, in general, is a huge pain in the ass and i have never been able to upgrade to a new version without days of being down. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...