Cannot Get Past Step 3

Hi Guys, Ive tried and tried and I cant get past step 3, database configuration, Ive delete and remade database after database, tried a hundred combinations of username, server, passwords long, short, uppercase, lower, numbers, ALLSORTS, I just cant get past it! Help me! Ive even tried signing up for a different host just to use their mysql and cant get a database recognised. im out of ideas, why do these ecommerce softwares all need this thing, it doesnt work!

Hi Guys, Ive tried and tried and I cant get past step 3, database configuration, Ive delete and remade database after database, tried a hundred combinations of username, server, passwords long, short, uppercase, lower, numbers, ALLSORTS, I just cant get past it! Help me! Ive even tried signing up for a different host just to use their mysql and cant get a database recognised. im out of ideas, why do these ecommerce softwares all need this thing, it doesnt work!

The same happend to me.

I got past it guys, after lots of trying, It seems like it takes time to all be set up, the SQL, the host, Presta. Ive checked this twice, but if you leave the site a day, then go to your host and make a new SQL, it worked straight away both times. So maybe it takes 24 hours or something. Im all done now and enjoying the program.

I have the same problem (not being able to get past Step 3). I looked in my Apache error log, and I noticed the following error message:

[sun May 08 23:15:05 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://prestashop.hypergalaxy.com/install/

It looks like mysql_free_result() is not getting called to free a result set. I would assume that this must be a known bug. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Have a great day.

Take care,
Darwin

I am stuck on step 3 as well.

I have set up the new database and can successfully connect to the database. I leave the prefix_ at ps_. I have the installation type set for full. I do not check the set up email manuallyl and have received several test emails. But when I click on next, I do not get an error but it doesn't go on. I have my permissions for the install folder set at 755.

45520_mrb20feoSj6JGdl3uG2R_t