Who writes those themes on themeforest?

JustJohn

I'd like to ask people in the know who've been around for some time - who are those vietnamese people publishing themes? How do they work - do I communicate directly with developers or are those people responding to emails like a third tier support? Because I have a feeling they're not the authors.

I'm simply dumbfounded at the level of idiocy those people possess. It's like they've been simply put there to "enable" themes using a remote display and can do nothing else. They have absolutely zero clue about any technical details and can't understand even the simplest of questions. To top it off those vietnamese operating under different studio names on themeforest appear to be one entity.

I'm not trying to vent frustrations on this forum, not at all, I'm just genuinely interested in how to work with them to resolve issues, whether that is possible at all, and who to engage with.

So what's going on there?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustJohn said:

I'd like to ask people in the know who've been around for some time - who are those vietnamese people publishing themes? How do they work - do I communicate directly with developers or are those people responding to emails like a third tier support? Because I have a feeling they're not the authors.

I'm simply dumbfounded at the level of idiocy those people possess. It's like they've been simply put there to "enable" themes using a remote display and can do nothing else. They have absolutely zero clue about any technical details and can't understand even the simplest of questions. To top it off those vietnamese operating under different studio names on themeforest appear to be one entity.

I'm not trying to vent frustrations on this forum, not at all, I'm just genuinely interested in how to work with them to resolve issues, whether that is possible at all, and who to engage with.

So what's going on there?

Hi, I would like to know how they work too.

I have the impression that many times they ( also some european developer ) just say they can't help you because they consider requests as customizations, even when what i want are simple questions.

I'm sorry if I make a criticism (if this wasn't the aim of the discussion), but I don't find it right to pay for a service with almost no assistance.

In some cases I had to find new paid solutions because of frustration.

I've witnessed the same thing with "customizations" in Magento land also with the vietnamese, but the issues were relatively minor, so I could work around them by actually fixing their bugs. That's one way for them to earn more money on us, 1 out of 10 theme buyers will agree to pay $200-something with absolutely no guarantees given and often it's to fix something that was implied to work in the first place.

And they strike me as totally incompetent and unreliable.

6 minutes ago, JustJohn said:

I've witnessed the same thing with "customizations" in Magento land also with the vietnamese, but the issues were relatively minor, so I could work around them by actually fixing their bugs. That's one way for them to earn more money on us, 1 out of 10 theme buyers will agree to pay $200-something with absolutely no guarantees given and often it's to fix something that was implied to work in the first place.

And they strike me as totally incompetent and unreliable.

I wouldn't say completely incompetent, because the realization of some themes is really complex, but I would say it's more laziness.

That could very well be true regarding deliberate regressions.

The question of incompetence was raised in my first post: after talking with many of them for some time I just can't believe those are the same people who actually wrote a theme. They don't understand issues plainly laid out to them in several emails at all. They never ever mention any technical detail. It's either "I don't understand" or "Sorry" or "Works on my PC". That is weird.

9 minutes ago, ComGrafPL said:

Sometimes "bugs" are made by theme developers, so they can charge additional fees from support. Saw this one time. That is why i suggest clients to buy from presta store. Better support and refunds if need it.

Can you put the link of where you recommend to make purchases?

I'm not sure if what you suggest is for themes or modules or both

1 minutę temu, daniele dexter napisał:

Ok thanks, but I usually do my shopping here and I can say that even here I had some difficulties with assistance.

When I asked for a refund they told me that as soon as I download their product, then I can't receive any refund.

If developer telling you this. You just contact store support. Depends on developer, most of their support is quite good.

• Like 1