Password reset not working

rtruso

Hello,

I manage various Prestashop 1.7 websites and password reset almost never work, emails are not received. The websites are hosted on different hosting so it doesn't come from that and order notifications emails are received without problems.

If someone knows how to solve the issue it would be great.

Thanks for your attention,

Mathieu

Well for one website it works only if the email adress is outlook but when I try with a customer gmail account I don't receive any email. For others website it never works I'm searching for a solution but I don't find anything

I tried these solutions without success:

For me, the solution was this:

In my ps_configuration table, the id_shop_group and id_shop columns where NULL where the name column was 'PS_PASSWD_RESET_VALIDITY'.

This looked odd to me, so I changed both the id_shop_group and id_shop values to 1 (appropriate for my Prestashop configuration), and instantly the password reset link worked - no more expired links!

1 hour ago, colleencamacho59 said:

If your new password isn’t working, please request a password reset. Ensure consistency with spelling and capitalization when you set the password and log in later. It could be that you previously used different upper/lowercase letters or added blank spaces.

Please be patient. Your email provider may take a bit longer to deliver or display your new e-mails. In addition to your main inbox, please also check other folders in your e-mail account, especially the junk/advertising folders. Your e-mail could have mistakenly landed there.

If the e-mail doesn't appear after several minutes, please try to request the password reset once again. Make sure that your e-mail address doesn't contain any typos.If you still don't receive an e-mail, your YAZIO account may be registered under a different e-mail address or you incorrectly entered your e-mail address during registration.

Thanks for your answer. There are no errors in the emails adresses for which I try to reset password. I obviously check spam folder but I don't receive any email evan after 1 day.

4 hours ago, rtruso said:

If someone knows how to solve the issue it would be great.

send first a testmail over a testmail script from the root folder of your site.

All sites are hosted on Cpanel administraded hosts? Or VPS, Dedicated?

20 hours ago, Nickz said:

send first a testmail over a testmail script from the root folder of your site.

All sites are hosted on Cpanel administraded hosts? Or VPS, Dedicated?

Hello Nickz,

thanks for your answer I sent a testmail from root folder and I receive in gmail (spam folder) but nothing in outlook address. Is it DNS problem?

The websites are hosted in VPS and administrated with Plesk but not on the same VPS

Edited by rtruso (see edit history)

I found the problem, the IP address is blacklisted so that's why there are some undelivered emails especially in outlook. And I had to change DNS configuration as well (DKIM, SPF, MX...). It doesn't come from Prestashop itself in fact.

I will close this topic, thanks for your attention

• Like 1