Version Upgrade path

Whitehut

Hi Fellow Prestashoppers

I have a site currently on v1.6.1.17 and I am looking to migrate it to v1.7 to make it more uptodate but I need to retain all client details and history etc. 

Is there a simple process to do this ? or has anyone done that before ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Whitehut said:

I have a site currently on v1.6.1.17 and I am looking to migrate it to v1.7 to make it more uptodate but I need to retain all client details and history etc. 

To save your client data make a sql dumb, export the database. You should also make a full backup before you update.

Why do you want to update?

I want the fresher look that v1.7 provides and a better theme style. 

I thought people open shop to sell and not to have a nice theme. Nice themes do not sell better, rather the opposite.

Steps to follow are backup, files plus database. There are database importer modules, also there is thirtybees with its more up to date php versions.

I disagree, a well designed theme with the right layout and colour scheme will always perform better than one that is poorly designed. 

You can disagree as you wish.

The people pushing beautifull themes for beautifull shops are shopify, woocommerce, drag & drop designer and all other having a hard time ranking. We redesign and change the construct of shops so they become adaptable. And at best not ofer modules. 

First: 'Beauty in the eye of the beholder'. There is a reason why german shops look pale. The art in Marketing is to push the product into the Vordergrund (View). The site need to "disapear" and function, sell in a most cosy way.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/do-ugly-sites-sell/342203/#close