[Module] Customer questions and answers - Encourages your customers to solve their doubts

Yelish

Hi, here is a new module to help answer customer questions about products:

en0.png.0a94f398f3c2ac8243719b57928186ad.png

Customer questions and answers Module

Displays a "Customer Questions and Answers" block about the product (such as Amazon) with instant search engine included. Questions can be answered by the seller or by customers who bought the product.

Link to Prestashop Addons: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/faq-frequently-asked-questions/86524-customer-questions-and-answers.html

This module encourages your customers to solve their doubts about the product and to finalize their purchases.

It improves customer relations by allowing other customers who have purchased the product to answer any questions potential customers may have about the product, increasing confidence in your product and your shop.

1_2_en.thumb.png.0eb19625462febc673c70114677b6c0c.png

Features

When a customer posts a question, emails will be sent to the number of customers you have set in the module settings who have most recently purchased the product. From that email or from your shop they will be able to answer the question.

The customer will receive an email notification when someone answers their question giving them the opportunity to thank the customer/salesperson for their help.

Customers can rate the most useful questions and answers, as well as report abusive answers.

3_4_en.thumb.png.365e79c0561b450a46e938747c4af21c.png

It streamlines the process of answering customer questions about the product by allowing customers to consult questions and answers from previous customers with an easy to use instant search engine included.

The instant search engine ignores the most common words (2 characters), searches for exact matches for words with 3 characters or performs partial searches for words with 4 or more characters among all product questions and answers showing the results instantly. The instant search engine will also search for matches in the product description and data sheet.

You can also set up a blacklist of words to be ignored by the search engine in a certain language.

5_6_en.thumb.png.394da4f9fe192a293ab2902aafab99df.png

By clicking on any question the customer is sent to the answers page. From here the customer can see all the answers to the question and perform the same actions as on the product page (answer the question, vote on the usefulness of the answers and report abuse).

7_8_en.thumb.png.4dc305084827996852a29af5758f2717.png

In the settings, among several presentation options, you can set whether you want questions and answers to require validation or not, as well as set a minimum time between the publication of questions or answers by the same user.

You can also set the number of unanswered questions that there must be for the module to notify you by email. In this way, we avoid being bothered every time a user asks a question in the store and provide the opportunity for the user community to answer the questions.

9_10_en.thumb.png.5d0e03cc22ed1e712d0719a96f019ecb.png

In the configuration you can include some layout options for links and buttons without having to modify the module stylesheet. You can see how they look in the examples under the layout options.

Managing questions and answers is easy. Validating, viewing answers and questions, deleting, copying and even answering questions from your module is fast with our interface that quickly displays your actions via AJAX. Use the filters and receive information immediately.

11_12_en.thumb.png.b03854e5a21b5e6c0fdd250f8653235f.png

You can manage both question and answer tables at the same time and without leaving the management page. The changes you make will be displayed in the other table in real time without any problem. Filters and quick links are displayed immediately with AJAX.

13_14_en.thumb.png.a040f83c36b2217ca3553e699054c4f7.png

15_16_en.thumb.png.ade2f1dabaf3b1af2ca438142109121d.png

For more information, video demo, demos and documentation

Link to Prestashop Addons: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/faq-frequently-asked-questions/86524-customer-questions-and-answers.html

Thanks for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, version 1.6.2 of the module is available.

What's New in Version 1.6.2

• Added new feature in search engine: customers also asked

• Added new feature on question page: customers also asked17_18_en.thumb.png.2ab9fc172ce3a9e42103f0804f4f5559.png

• Added new module configuration system: more visual and graphic.

• Added new module configuration sections: Admin notifications and Visual Preferences

• Configuration changes are now via ajax.19_20_en.thumb.png.194046180302644a1f41e12f8d61e934.png

• Now you can add colors, styles to various elements of the module without modifying any css file in a visual and simple way.

• Added new feature: display customer questions and answers in other languages.21_22_en.thumb.png.549c3c2fe3c015741c9a09236f3f88e8.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, version 1.7.0 of the module is available on PrestaShop Addons.

What's New in Version 1.7.0

• Instant search reprogrammed: now search in product information, customer questions and answers and if you have the Prestashop product comments module also in customer reviews.
  • New section "all" in instant search engine, new "customer reviews" section in instant search engine if you have the Prestashop product comments module activated.
  • Changes in modal window templates for better display.25_26_en.thumb.png.c8f2aad0c1601189aaec34f7ce7228e8.png27_28_en.thumb.png.17c8436398c1ccd3f1d95f1300a87ca7.png

• 2 months later...

Version 2.0 now available in PrestaShop Addons

Hi, i tell you what's new in version 2.0:

1. Now unregistered customers will also be able to ask questions if you configure it in the module.

2. Non-registered customers can receive an answer from the seller or other customers who have bought the product, just like registered customers (and receive email notification)

3. You can choose if you want questions from non-registered customers to require validation (recommended)

1_en.png.196ef4f0eb0e05ec99068e1ddd42bcc0.png

2_en.png.b2cfd160467728878c8a89817e3f1d28.png

4. You can configure Google reCAPTCHA v3 for your question and answer forms and protect your website easily from the module settings.

3_en.png.21f0546bb18ceee38c6076ed388c31b2.png

5. Don't know how to register your website in Google reCAPTCHA? Read the pdf guide included in the module configuration in your favorite language.

4_en.png.a76d3754591c44616976ddc4eff40703.png

6. You can choose to implement Google reCAPTCHA only for questions from non-registered customers or for all questions and answers from all customers.

7. You can also choose to display the reCAPTCHA badge or include the terms of service in the same form.

5_en.png.fe7e3ab85d9f43f48cdafd0d77127386.png

8. When managing questions and answers you now see at a glance and graphically if the customer is a visitor, a registered customer or a customer whose account has been deleted.

6_en.png.31311dc14d2760ca5bb75074cefa1145.png

9. There are so many changes to the module that we have implemented a new section on the main page "What's new?" with all enhancements included for easy viewing.

7_en.png.7e95957f914b2b04b992abf91c282121.png

Demo available in PrestaShop Addons:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/faq-frequently-asked-questions/86524-customer-questions-and-answers.html

Greetings, have a great day and many sales.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 2.1.0 now available in PrestaShop Addons

Hello, I tell you what is new in this version:

1. Compatibility with PrestaShop 8

2. In the module configuration menu you can now also choose the position of the module between 4 different options (PrestaShop 1.7 and PrestaShop 8 versions) including one that allows you to place the module anywhere you want on the product page, also available for PrestaShop 1.6.

210-en-1.png.583bb4094fadd6c096dfa00b06f81e59.png

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/faq-frequently-asked-questions/86524-customer-questions-and-answers.html

• 3 months later...

Version 2.1.6 now available in PrestaShop Addons

Hi how are things? The version 2.1.6 of the module is already available in PrestaShop Addons. I tell you what this version brings:

Reimplementation of the copy question function, now with a more graphic aspect, with an instant product search engine included and the possibility of consulting the products in your store or in your back office. Copy questions with Ajax quickly and easily. Includes progression bar.

english_216.png.06b6d26f16f65ace544477e8a69b27ba.png

This is without a doubt one of my favorite modules. Back in the day I programmed it thinking of making it an easy and economical alternative to implementations that exist in prestigious stores and to which any store could not access. This module has had two years of development in which the initial idea has grown and matured into what it is now, one of the best, if not the best question and answer module that you can find right now in the PrestaShop environment. I personally am very proud of it, and I tell all my clients that you will soon see great things about this module. This is the roadmap that you will see very soon:
1. Notifications to the administrator when there are too many questions or answers without validation.
2. Why not implement a worthwhile faq page?
3. Now you can choose the criteria for a customer to answer questions.
4. Are you bored in the back office? Notifications in the backoffice when you have unanswered questions.

I hope you like it and thank you very much for your support, without your suggestions and support, this and many of my modules would not be possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, thank you very much for your interest in my module. I tell you:

1. Yes, as I mentioned in the post of the module, you can perfectly change the button to adapt it to your theme from the "Visual preferences" section. You can make the changes and see how it looks in the preview right next to it. There are two types of buttons in the module and you can change the styles of both. To try it, I advise you to visit the demo in the backoffice of the module available in PrestaShop Addons.
2. Within the product page, the module with questions and answers can be displayed in four different positions, including the tab panel (versions 1.7 and 8). You also have a custom hook for the module where you can easily place the questions and answers anywhere on the product page including a short shortcode that is indicated in the module in the template (again I refer you to the backoffice demo)
About the category page, honestly it had not occurred to me, but it could be implemented perfectly in the future. I would try to include it as an option. As soon as the roadmap set out in my previous post is fulfilled, I wouldn't mind contemplating that option, but keep in mind that depending on the number of products, it can hinder performance a bit since the module is based on the products (not the categories). Yes, you can easily copy the questions and answers from one product to another or others.
Regards and have a great day,

• 3 months later...

Version 2.1.8 now available on PrestaShop Addons

Hello, how are you? Following the roadmap I set for this module, the new features for version 2.1.8 are now here. Let me tell you about them:

1. New functionality added to the module: now the store administrator will receive an email notification if there are too many unvalidated questions or answers.

2. This functionality can be configured from the module's settings menu.

3. Several minor changes reported by customers, including better adaptation of the module to PHP 8.

I hope you like them, and stay tuned for more exciting updates on this module. Please refer to my previous posts for more information.

• 4 months later...

Version 2.1.9 now available on PrestaShop Addons

This version adds new features:

1. A graphical notification icon has been added to the back office, which will display in real-time the number of new questions and/or answers for your store. By clicking on the number, you can directly access the management of the new questions and answers. This icon can be dragged to any new position within the back office. It can also be closed at any time. Easy and fast.

2. You can configure the behavior of the notification icon from the module's settings screen.

v219-en-1.png.2b49c253ccccc34d3ec043e84f14e8cc.png

3. Now, the list of questions and answers is updated in real-time when there are new questions and/or answers in your shop. This makes it much faster to respond to your customers' inquiries.

4. The list of questions and answers appears with a new "New" label if they are new questions and/or answers in your store. This way, you can quickly assess which questions and/or answers to manage.

v219-en-2.png.95f9fa613ce0a60a56033bfaacb403da.png

All these changes mark the beginning of a new series of exclusive module functionalities that will continue in the next version 2.2.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 2.2.0 now available on PrestaShop Addons

This version adds a new feature:

Edit Seller Answers - Now you can easily edit your answers to customers from the 'Manage questions' section. When you edit an answer, you can choose to resend an email to the customer who asked the question with your edited answer or not.

Small modifications were made to the notification icon for new questions and answers based on customer feedback.

220_english.png.a67769ff69dc5d0669594af7dc8e359a.png

In the upcoming version 2.3.0, we will add a new major feature following the module's roadmap.