Backup restore isn't working

Am I doing something wrong to restore a backup?

I have a shop I'm trying to backup.  I've followed the guides online that basically say to copy the entire root directory and save it.  Then you use phpmyadmin to export the database.   I have over 300 items in my shop and the exported database file is 468 bytes in size.  Is this how tiny a database export file is?  I opened it in a text editor to look at it.  This is all that is in the file, is this all SQL needs to know where everything is?

image.png.93de499b54aeea4ec98648889fb619e6.png

Is this really only 1 line that isn't commented out?  Is phpmyadmin exporting the database correctly?  When I copy the files to another install of prestashop and import the database, all the guides say that's it and you just check your url and it should be restored.  When I do that, it gets an internal 500 error.  When I check the logs it says that /classes/shops/Shop.php has an error on line 422.  This is that log and the Shop.php file opened and line 422 is highlighted.  How do you fix this issue?

image.thumb.png.7badde1d1c0e96efae48552c55778488.png

Edited by falken76 (see edit history)

As far as I can tell it is.  I followed the directions on every tutorial.  I even checked tutorials for just exporting databases that have nothing to do with prestashop and they show the same method.  I gave up on it.  I have no idea how to backup a website now, it doesn't work for me. 

Hi @falken76,

have you tried wxporting in a different way in phpmyadmin? like : open the database and open one table from the DB in phpmyadmin, thgen export the database, and select all tables. then export as SQL.

you should have in the exported sql a lot of rows, tables with data.

Then import this SQL intot he new database.

Have a nice day, Leo.

• 2 weeks later...