Multistore server setup when multiple domains ?

Bjarstal

Hi

I can't figure out how to set up the server to use Multistore, having each store on a unique domain. I've my own server and handle the domains by using Virtualmin.

Imagin this setup:

www.maindomain.com

then

www.seconddomain.com

www.thirddomain.com

www.forthdomain.biz

etc.

I register the domain names and direct them to my server in the DNS settings of the registrator.

But then, what do I do on my server? If there is a call coming to seconddomain.com, where shall Apache look then, where will Apache find secconddomain.com? I guess somewhere in the filesystem for maindomain.com, but where???

Greatful for any help!

53 minutes ago, El Patron said:

When to many redirects sometimes this is because there is http in front of domain name defined to ps.  Also try recreate .htaccess by turning of then re enabling friendly url.  

Hi

I've some other problems now. Error 500. I will think a little more and I'll probably be back when I understand better what is going on. Thanks for the help.

20 hours ago, El Patron said:

Enable ps.debug mode, 500 is generic error code.

Hello again

Now I've solved it! It had all to do with settings in Virtualmin and folder rights and I could see that thanks to the debug mode you suggested.

I was suggested by staff from Virtualmin to create an Alias insted of a domain, and to start with it looked fine, but then I relized I could not install a certificate; so I then created a domain in Virtualmin seconddomain.com, and tried to give it the folder paths and User and Group of the main domain maindomain.com , but Virtualmin interface objected.

I so looked up the seconddomain.com domain config file in

/etc/apache2/sites-available

and made all changes manually, sidestepping the Virtualmin interface.

The first thing I did was to change the  SuexecUserGroup  to the values of maindomain.com, in my case "#1004" "#1004" to give the correct folder rights

Then I changed all directory paths (except for cgi-bin)  from

/home/maindomain/public_html

to

/home/secconddomain/public_html

Remember doing it for both :80 and :443

But when trying to run seconddomain.com there were errors saying (remember I'm still in debug mode)

The directory "/home/maindomain/public_html/var/cache/dev/doctrine" is not writable.

I changed folder rights for /doctrine from 0755 to 0775 and now it is all working.

I hope someone will have use for this information. 

• Like 1