Side menu issues

Myfokmarelise

We took over a Prestashop setup, and find that our menu options (left side) are somewhat different to those shown in the User documentation. (Please see attached document)

Specifically the following options in the Usre documentation do not appear at all in our installation:

1.  Shipping
  2.  Localization
  3.  Preferences
  4.  Advanc ed parameters, and
  5.  Administration

Can anyone suggest how this can be rectified, please?

(BTW the shop is in version 1.6.1.7)

Prestashop queries.docx

Looks as though the username you're logged in with doesn't have the correct permissions.

If you don't have access to a SuperAdmin account, you can change the employee permissions profile in the database.

It's in ps_employee and the column you're looking for is id_profile - change that to 1 for the user and that should apply SuperAdmin privileges and show all menu options.

Thank you for your responses.

Unfortunately I am a rookie, and need to be spoken to slowly and clearly using simple words. Please bear with me.

1) I dont know what permissions I have (whether "administrator" or "Super Admin". How and where can I find this information?

2) Using the File Manager in the control panel I have painstakingly scrolled through the folders/files and cannot find "ps_employee"

All assistance is welcome

3 hours ago, Myfokmarelise said:

Thank you for your responses.

Unfortunately I am a rookie, and need to be spoken to slowly and clearly using simple words. Please bear with me.

1) I dont know what permissions I have (whether "administrator" or "Super Admin". How and where can I find this information?

2) Using the File Manager in the control panel I have painstakingly scrolled through the folders/files and cannot find "ps_employee"

All assistance is welcome

ps_employee is a table in the database, not a file/folder.

In your hosting control panel, there will  be a databases section. In the database for your site, there will be a list of these tables. One of them will be ps_employee.

To be honest, whoever you took over from should have given you the login details for an admin account so this wouldn't be necessary. Also, this means they potentially still have control over/access to the admin end of your shop. Whether that's a problem or not I don't know.

Thanks for the pointer. I have now found the "ps_employee" and navigated to the "id_profile"  (per the red dots on the attached screenshot)

Your initial response indicated to change this to a "1" :  can you finally point me to where this change must happen, please

image.thumb.png.58b53c3bca30ad188b64237d85f2277a.pngimage.thumb.png.1bf948247351134f93d4d04c6f2fc030.pngimage.thumb.png.58b53c3bca30ad188b64237d85f2277a.png

You should be on the "browse" tab instead of "structure".

In the browse tab you'll see a list of employees (back office users). Find the correct line (in the email column it will show whatever email address you're using to log in).

On that line, change the value of "id_profile" from whatever it is to 1. Just double-click the value to edit it.

See the attached image for clarification.

johndoe.jpg

Edited by lordignus (see edit history)