Upgrade the ICU system package and the intl PHP extension.

jovemac

Dear all!

Newbie here. Tried installing Prestashop on my Ubuntu 20.04 server,.

PHP version - 7.4.3

Prestashop version 1.7.8.7

Struck with this issur

To get the latest internationalization data upgrade the ICU system package and the intl PHP extension.

Please advise

error.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/5/2022 at 1:28 PM, Smithikakart said:

Hi its php issue use the latest php version..

same problem here. If we use the latest version of PHP will not match with the PrestaShop System requirements (each version of PrestaShop uses a specific version of PHP) so if we use a PHP version higher/greater than the one recommended by PrestaShop we will face other issues

php-requirements-prestashop-8.1.jpg

On 8/2/2022 at 6:27 PM, musicmaster said:

ICU is a part of the server. So it is outside Prestashop. If you search the forum you will find many results.

See for example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56413734/prestashop-1-7-to-avoid-internationalization-data-inconsistencies-upgrade-the-s

An if we use Xampp for Windows (we intend to build the shop on local server, then load it on live) how do we get rid of this instalation step warning, I looked on the internet and I didn't find any well explained tutorial on how to do this?!?

I am trying to install PrestaShop 8.1.2 on a XAMPP local server with PHP Version 8.1.25, this is the version that System Requirements tool is telling me to use for this PrestaShop version.

xampp-php-version.jpg

31 minutes ago, ccristian said:

An if we use Xampp for Windows (we intend to build the shop on local server, then load it on live) how do we get rid of this instalation step warning, I looked on the internet and I didn't find any well explained tutorial on how to do this?!?

I am trying to install PrestaShop 8.1.2 on a XAMPP local server with PHP Version 8.1.25, this is the version that System Requirements tool is telling me to use for this PrestaShop version.

xampp-php-version.jpg

I never heard of anyone having the ICU error on a Windows installation

Strange. I am running Xampp 7.4.33. That is a year old and I have no problems - even when I download from the Prestashop server today.

When I check my ICU version in PHP it says it is 66.1

In Prestashop you can find the version in  /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Intl/Resources/data/version.txt

In PS 8.1.2 it says 71.1

Obviously it doesn't check that for me. My suggestion is to try to change that version in Prestashop (you might change it back after the installation succeeds).

In the latest version of Prestools I have a check built in for ICU (at the bottom of Shop Rescue->Server Settings).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 3:55 PM, musicmaster said:

Strange. I am running Xampp 7.4.33. That is a year old and I have no problems - even when I download from the Prestashop server today.

When I check my ICU version in PHP it says it is 66.1

In Prestashop you can find the version in  /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Intl/Resources/data/version.txt

In PS 8.1.2 it says 71.1

Obviously it doesn't check that for me. My suggestion is to try to change that version in Prestashop (you might change it back after the installation succeeds).

In the latest version of Prestools I have a check built in for ICU (at the bottom of Shop Rescue->Server Settings).

I checked my ICU version on my XAMPP localhost and is 71.1