Email not working

Mark C

2 godziny temu, Mark C napisał:

i am trying to use SMTP under Advance Parameters > Email

I use Google's smtp and I generate the App Password. But both ports (465 for ssl and 587 for tls) not working.

Is there other solutions?

tls.PNG

ssl.PNG

My client have gmail and were using smtp.gmail.com / SSL / 465. Make sure you're using the same email address. Must be same as your shop email / SMTP name / send testing message.

2 hours ago, stifler97 said:

Hi. This is what I went through in a localhost and I manged to get it working.

1. Set up a new gmail account (if you do not have any).
  2. Sign in to your account and get an app password.
  3. Open BO of your prestashop.
  4. Go under this menu "Advanced Parameters > E-mail".
  5. Find the "Email" form.
  6. Fill the form like this:
    1. Send emails to > Select "Customer Service"
    2. Radio Buttons > Select "Set my own SMTP parameters (for advanced users ONLY)"
    3. Email domain name > Let it be blank
    4. SMTP server > "smtp.gmail.com"
    5. SMTP username > Fill it with your gmail for example : [email protected]
    6. SMTP password  > Fill it with the APP PASSWORD that you have created in google account setting
    7. Encryption > Select "TLS"
    8. Port > "578"
    9. Radio Buttons > Select "Both"
    10. Log emails > Select "Yes"

After you have saved these, send a test email in the next form with title of "Test your email configuration".

not working for me. still same error that I posted

6 hours ago, juanrojas said:

hello, I think you will waste a little time trying this, gmail has withdrawn the permission for third parties, so consider creating an email with the domain of your store

There is no error on Prestashop if i set my own SMTP parameters. But there are no received mail if i send a test mail.

Are you sure that the protocols are correctly configured as your server gave them to you?

And what does it mean that you did not receive? Does it mean that the system sent you and you did not receive or gave you an error? did you check spam?

2 minutes ago, juanrojas said:

Are you sure that the protocols are correctly configured as your server gave them to you?

And what does it mean that you did not receive? Does it mean that the system sent you and you did not receive or gave you an error? did you check spam?

yes. i contacted support of hosting provider. If I send a test mail, it will say that the message has bent sent. But there are no received mail on the recipient i specified. and yes, i checked spam.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:43 PM, juanrojas said:

I think it's a configuration problem, what's the name of your hosting company?

yes., the smtp port is not yet enabled on the VPS, correct port is 587 and there's a problem if yahoo email is being used as a contact email on Shop Parameters > Contact > Contacts

Edited by Mark C (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Mark C said:

the solution that works for me is using the email provided by the VPS hosting. I ask them on the SMTP server (mail.[hostingdomain].com)  Port is 587.

Thanks for sharing the solution. Basically there are two things to think about.

1. Receiving emails from a mail server.
  2. Sending emails through a mail server.

Most known protocols for receiving:

1. IMAP
  2. POP3

Most known protocols for sending:

1. SMTP

Each of these protocols may run in different ports and domains than your server. So, You have to know this based on your server configuration, and if you are using a preconfigured service, you need to ask the admins.

Some services like Gmail have them exposed publicly. You can check the data for Gmail here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en#zippy=%2Cstep-change-smtp-other-settings-in-your-email-client