One product - different names in chosen categories

Hi,

have you come across a module or some other solution that would be able to do something like this?

We need different product names depending on the category in which it is located, without duplicating the products and indicating for example the same symbol, but both should lead to one product card (generally one product). 

For example.

So that in each category the products were called differently for example, we have one product for chocolate and for fatty masses - it can be divided into two categories, but in one it must be called for example "colouring for chocolate" and in the other "colouring for fatty masses". Finally, it can lead to a link with the same product, with a detailed description containing the listed phrases.

Is it at all possible to do something like that in presta?

I don't know any module with this functionality, and I see some issues:

- What name should be displayed when the product is accessed directly? And if it's accessed from a "cross-selling" block?

- What happens if you add to the cart "both" products?

• Like 1

- When accessed from one of these categories it should go propably to the main product (cause it should only change displayed name) , it should be like normal presta product but these categories and other names for them could be like additional fields in main product tab in back office

- this is a good question, i think i will get back here with maybe some answers :D.

This idea came from our SEO agency, it should boost  some site movement by presenting more precise names of products in specific categories without doing some duplicates in back office, but i can see that already it has big problems with functionality :D. 

Edited by CPTBombaxx (see edit history)

include in product name colouring for chocolate and fatty masses

use coloring to save a letter loool

the other is to use features and/or attributes (recommended)

then with filtering

one product can be associated to multiple features/attributes

filter on color for chocolate

filter color for fatty masses

the core strength of PS is faceted search, filters.

this how users best drills down to the product, category nav should be avoided when possible

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, El Patron said:

include in product name colouring for chocolate and fatty masses

use coloring to save a letter loool

the other is to use features and/or attributes (recommended)

then with filtering

one product can be associated to multiple features/attributes

filter on color for chocolate

filter color for fatty masses

the core strength of PS is faceted search, filters.

this how users best drills down to the product, category nav should be avoided when possible

Yeah but its not about filtering them. It's about just displaying other names in specific categories to make some more internet traffic on site. It should be leading to one product but i would want to set in product page in backoffice "Additional name - category" "Additional name 2 - category2" . And it would show in these categories with these names but at the end it should just point to that one main product. That's how i understood that, but it looks so complicated i don't think it is worth to pay for making new module from scratch.

Edited by CPTBombaxx (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 4:26 AM, CPTBombaxx said:

Yeah but its not about filtering them. It's about just displaying other names in specific categories to make some more internet traffic on site. It should be leading to one product but i would want to set in product page in backoffice "Additional name - category" "Additional name 2 - category2" . And it would show in these categories with these names but at the end it should just point to that one main product. That's how i understood that, but it looks so complicated i don't think it is worth to pay for making new module from scratch.

just because of you think of something that is not supported does not make is a new idea lool.  maybe you need some other focus

features/attributes is how one has one product, also they are stuffed in url since 1.7

the best SEO trigger is to create and excellent visitor experience.  google above all else ranks user experience...

shopping by category for more than a few products, creates a poor experience, get luckyorand or other and see how visitors nav your shop....very revealing

Why filters...visitor can drill down to specific product without leaving the category page...that is what makes a great ecommerce visitor experience...

then add, amazon pay/apple pay, to product/view cart/top of checkout, why?  The best checkout is 'no' checkout...that's how you pop sales and get recognized...

focus on above the fold for landing content.....

make a list of like business you aspire to, that will tell you what features they found best fit that product vertical, then you don't need to invent stuff loool

happy ecommercing