Cannot add a brand or related product

THAIGER14

I just migrate my PS shop to a new server and upgrade from 1.7.6.8 to 1.7.8.4 version and import  manufacturer with csv file. However after editing the CVS file, during the import there was problem with wrong field. And now when I tried to create new product, I cannot add brand or related product, the button won't respond. Where should I fix for the button to work again?

20 hours ago, ndiaga said:

Hi,

Try    to  open   the  brand   and  manufacturer  admin  list  pages   to  see  if  you  have  any  error  report.

The  debug  mode  should  be  enabled   before  any  test.

I have open debug mode and tried to click add brand and related products, it doesn't show any error. I tried create new brand and supplier and it's working.

Kindly check whether the brand and manufacture are added in Admin brand and manufacture list correctly.

If there is any issue while adding the same to product then , please enable the debug mode from the directory

config/defines.inc

Change:
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

To:
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

After that if there is any error message showing on the page,for that please let us know. Also you can check the error log directory and
share the same for the error details.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ress said:

Also check in the console, not to have any javascript error.

Hi, I open the console, and it shows "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received." when I tried to click on add a brand or related product.

1 hour ago, THAIGER14 said:

I did try correcting the cvs file and import again, but the problem is still there. 

what is the error message, above you only say 'However after editing the CVS file, during the import there was problem with wrong field. ' 

tip: you added a mfg, compare that to one you imported to see difference.

at the end of the day you need to correct and get clean .csv import or delete them and manually add them...

when you say you upgraded your ps version, did you use the ps upgrade  or other method to upgrade?

On 6/8/2022 at 2:43 AM, El Patron said:

what is the error message, above you only say 'However after editing the CVS file, during the import there was problem with wrong field. ' 

tip: you added a mfg, compare that to one you imported to see difference.

at the end of the day you need to correct and get clean .csv import or delete them and manually add them...

when you say you upgraded your ps version, did you use the ps upgrade  or other method to upgrade?

Hi, I upgrade by PS upgrade, and when I add a brand or supplier from the catalog interface, everything is working normal. But I cannot add it to the product inside the create a new product or editing the product. May I ask where can I find the brand or supplier of products that is stored inside the database? Maybe I need to compare inside the database to see the difference. 

Thank you for all your replies.

I have tried to update to 1.7.8.6 manually to see if it fix the problem, but right now I have another problem when going to FO and BO of the shop. Here is the error log.

Fatal error: Uncaught Defuse\Crypto\Exception\BadFormatException: Encoding::hexToBin() input is not a hex string. in /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/vendor/defuse/php-encryption/src/Encoding.php:65 Stack trace: #0 /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/vendor/defuse/php-encryption/src/Encoding.php(164): Defuse\Crypto\Encoding::hexToBin('def00000dce3ed5...') #1 /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/vendor/defuse/php-encryption/src/Key.php(38): Defuse\Crypto\Encoding::loadBytesFromChecksummedAsciiSafeString('\xDE\xF0\x00\x00', 'def00000dce3ed5...') #2 /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/classes/PhpEncryptionEngine.php(115): Defuse\Crypto\Key::loadFromAsciiSafeString('def00000dce3ed5...') #3 /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/classes/PhpEncryptionEngine.php(45): PhpEncryptionEngineCore::loadFromAsciiSafeString('def00000dce3ed5...') #4 /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/classes/PhpEncryption.php(47): PhpEncryptionEngineCore->__construct('def00000dce3ed5...') #5 /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/classes/Cookie.php(104): PhpEncryptionCore->__con in /home/md-ct/public_html/parawood/vendor/defuse/php-encryption/src/Encoding.php on line 65

Does this means I have problem with the cookie key? 

14 hours ago, THAIGER14 said:

I have tried to update to 1.7.8.6 manually to see if it fix the problem, but right now I have another problem when going to FO and BO of the shop. Here is the error log.

Does this means I have problem with the cookie key? 

ok, I fixed the login problem, and after upgrading to 1.7.8.6 the problem still persist, so it's not the files problem. The problem should be in the database, any more suggestion for this problem is welcome.