Pack of product stock information not correct in frontend

Hi,

What is going wrong here?

I have a pack of products, in the backend the stock for the complete pack is 5.

In the frontend it says out of stock: https://www.bike4travel.nl/achtertassen/5771-vaude-aqua-voor-en-achtertassen-black.html

I have cleaned the cache.

I have another pack of products, same settings and stock information both backend and front-end are correct!

I cannot find the culprit of this issue, anybody knows where to look and how to correct this?

Prestashop 1.6.1.24

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks for your help, Ellen

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11-55-19 Producten Bewerk Vaude Aqua voor- en achtertassen - Black • Bike4Travel.png

Hi Ellen, 

As you're using Ps 1.6 the stock available variable is inside the source, and when I checked it (it shows 0) ( see screenshot) 

As I can't see the data in the DB, what I would do is resave the pack product. 

I've tested if the pack products one by one, are on stock, and indeed one product has 5 pieces (the other one 7) - which means that the pack maximum quantity is 5 as stated. 

As a side note: 

in case of products the add to cart options at "Opties" - combinations is buggy - whenever I tried to increase the quantity it reloads the page and nothing happens. 

https://www.bike4travel.nl/fietstassen/4875-vaude-aqua-back-set.html (increase quantity for a combination) 

Let me know if the product resave worked. In case it doesn't try change the stock availability to "always available" - see if the products add to cart becomes active or not. 

Kind Regards, 

Leo 

screenshot-www.bike4travel.nl-2022.06.01-14_31_22.png

Thank you Leo for looking into this. It's on my list to upgrade the PS version, but since that's not my job, it takes some time to make it work correctly.

Strange thing is, that for this product it works fine: https://www.bike4travel.nl/fietstassen/5763-ortlieb-classic-set-voor-en-achtertassen-sunyellow.html

Even if in the backend I change the stock amount, it is the same for the frontend.

What do you mean by 'resave'? Because I have changed and saved the pack multiple times.

Yes, the 'options' is buggy, we need to upgrade that too in the near future. But, the other product that works just fine, I created that just a couple of weeks ago with the same settings. All the packs I created today don't show the correct stock.. it probably works in mysterious ways...

If you need backend info, please let me know.

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

have you tried to duplicate that pack and check if the duplicated pack product is working fine? As there are cases when the product's data somehow gets broken ondatabase level, and the product duplication could fix that broken data.

Kind Regards, 

Leo 

Hi Leo,

Thanks again for the tip; I copied the pack and set the amount in stock to 5, but no result. It still shows 'out of stock' on the frontend.

I have not done any updates, and did exactly the same last week with the other product... I have no clue what is going wrong here. If you need backend or db info, please let me know. Or if you could tell me where to look in the database?

Thanks, Ellen

Oh, just to be sure. I copied a normal product and set the stock amount and it works just fine.

Then again I copied a broken pack, no result. Maybe it has something to do with the products in the pack? I'll change the products and see what that brings me.

To be continued...

It had to do with the combinations. So I just added the articles as a single product and now it looks like it's working.

The reason why I don't know... but this fix works for me (now).

Next: update the website ;)