Problem adding new product (1.7.8.6)

MRocha

Hi,

First of all, I have little experience with Prestashop so please bare with me.

I have been running an online shop since October and all was going well. Had version 1.7.7.7 with Sushi Bar theme.

A couple of weeks ago, every time I try to add a new product, it takes a long time and eventually throws me a 404.

Weird thing is that it in fact creates a register in ps_products and a couple other related tables with default values.

I try to keep modules updated regularly, but can't exactly pin point when this started to happen.

I already tried changing to default theme, but still the same.

In desperation, updated to 1.7.8.6 to see if the process would correct anything, but no. At least now I have the latest version and the theme still works, so not all was lost.

I also found another topic with similar problem 

and checked table structure but it all seems correct.

My debugging skills are not that great so any help would be very welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by MRocha (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, when desperate consider posting in the job section, there you can find and hopefully build relationship with a debug developer.  ps is not us centric so prices talent is really affordable.  You can only take your shop so far, you already know you have having someone to help you in a pinch will keep your from losing sleep and putting yourself out of business.  

also as from above, post any errors you might have but it's better for dev to recreate in your admin to solve....