No carrier can be applied to this order Prestashop 1.7.7.5 Version

delconick

Hello all,

I got an email last night saying one of my customers couldn't check out because there was no carriers available for the delivery address, I tried creating a order via the back office for my test customer and get no carrier can be applied to this order, I would assume it is the same issue, I made sure my Minimum quantity for sale is set to "1", I have re installed my shipping Carrier module, cleared cache, disabled all non prestashop modules and still have this error. Any idea on how to fix this? I did reach out to a warehouse module developer I use his module because he had to create a cart.php override for the module to work, but I think it might have sometime to do with the cart.php over ride or something worse like a prestashop bug, not every customer gets this error some can check out just fine while some can't.

Here is the issue I am getting. I need some assistance on getting this fixed because some customers can checkout and some can't

no shipping options.PNG

Edited by delconick (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, El Patron said:

you stated you have shipping Carrier module, without looking at each carrier def then I can not offer more advice.

so hopefully the creator of your shipping module may be able to provide assitance or you  can check each carrier to ensure enabled for that country/price/weight etc.

I disabled non prestashop modules which includes the 3rd party shipping module and used basic usps shipping that prestashop offered and it didn't work so I am not entirely sure its the shipping module?

Hi, sorry then I do not know you had removed the shipping module, in future you may want to post name though 

without access to carrier def, then I can only guess there is misconfiguration of carrier

you may want to post in job section where tech can review your carrier setup, test/debug...

so much easier to solve these with hands on rather than play 20 questions, so find tech in job offers, they are usually pretty affordable and build relationship so you have help when stuck

4 hours ago, delconick said:

Got this working, had to re configure the USPS shipping module from Webkul

Hi thanks for update, I suspected webkul as it looked very familiar, I don't like how it add's every carrier the way it does, USPS has only few popular carriers and one does not want to overwhelm customer with to many choices.

The other REALLY big issue is that for each carrier, it create db table that can get really really large and signficantly slow down checkout, we debugged client shop and one of the usps had 5.6 million rows, elongating checkout by 10's of seconds.  we recommend putting in cron job to truncate tables occasionally.  We need to report this back to webkul in near future.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm having the same issue and have done for a while now. I only have three post options for the UK and two international ones. It's always for the UK customers, when they checkout they are charged the maximum international shipping, when they are in the UK. When I go to the back office, it says that "No carrier can be applied to this order".

If I delete the address and re-add it, it's fine.

I'm not sure, but I suspect when an address from PayPal is bought across, this happens, but I'm not sure. It's only that all of the customers this happens to are using PayPal and they've had these accounts for 15-20 years.

error-1.JPG

I've worked out that in Prestashop Checkout, if a customer pays with PayPal and they've had that same address for YEARS!, then it passes the ID_STATE as '1' for the UK, (Where we have no states), so thus it then applies US postage. If I change the State ID to '0', the shipping is correct. This I had to find out myself as Prestashop Checkout didn't think it was their module. Awaiting a fix now.

• 8 months later...