[Solved] Ordering mail is not sent from specific language

Hello,

I am having problems with sending order emails from my Prestashop (1.7).

The web is in 2 languages, English (/en) and Spanish (/es).
- When I place orders from /en, all the emails work correctly.
- When I place orders from the English version /en, none of the order emails arrive to the user and if I try to cancel the order from the backend it shows me this error message "An error occurred during the order status change #202, or the email could not be sent to the customer".

Has anyone had this same or similar problem happen to them? I have talked to the hosting provider and tried all possible email configurations and nothing.

Best regards

Edited by pShark (see edit history)

Hi, 

This issue is usually a sign that the email templates are missing for that specific language. I suppose the TLD folder is there, however the templates are not populated. I would suggest to check the mail templates inside the mail/mails folder under public_html, or/and check the mail templates inside the theme that you use (I get the feeling the issue is in the theme) 

Keep us posted, 

Cheers, 

Leo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Prestachamps said:

Hi, 

This issue is usually a sign that the email templates are missing for that specific language. I suppose the TLD folder is there, however the templates are not populated. I would suggest to check the mail templates inside the mail/mails folder under public_html, or/and check the mail templates inside the theme that you use (I get the feeling the issue is in the theme) 

Keep us posted, 

Cheers, 

Leo

Hi Leo,

I have checked it and it seems that this is the problem, I only have the folder in one of the modules (/modules/ps_reminder/mails/gb) and I think it is wrong, it should be /en, right?

Then in "/public_html/mails" and "/mails" inside the theme there is only the spanish folder (/es).

I would just have to duplicate the folder and translate the content of the emails, right?

Best regards.

Hi, 

you can keep the gb :) just make sure you have GB set inside your language section (backoffice). Check if the folder has all mails (should be a few there like 25- with the html version) . 

Add into the Mails folder the /en folder and (copy the gb mails) don't waste your time translating all /es mails). Just a quicker idea.  

I'm sure it will work :)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Prestachamps said:

Hi, 

you can keep the gb :) just make sure you have GB set inside your language section (backoffice). Check if the folder has all mails (should be a few there like 25- with the html version) . 

Add into the Mails folder the /en folder and (copy the gb mails) don't waste your time translating all /es mails). Just a quicker idea.  

I'm sure it will work :)

It worked perfectly, thanks!!

• pShark changed the title to [Solved] Ordering mail is not sent from specific language