[PS 1.6] Migration issue

Alexenn

Hello, I'm trying to migrate a Prestashop 1.6.1.4 website from one server to another, but having a problem making it work, when I try to access the main pages or the products pages of the website, I only get a white/blank page even with error reporting ON, but I'm able to access the back office without issues.

I've :

migrated every files in the "www" folder of the new server

- imported and exported the entire database

- modified the "/config/settings.inc.php" file so it points to the new database (also I double checked with a new install and the ability to test if the connection with the database is well made, just to be sure the credentials were the right one)

- modified the table "ps_shop_url"

- regenerated the htaccess by switching friendly URL on and off in the back office

- put every folders with 755 permissions and every files with 644 permissions

- checked I had as much memory_limit than before in the php.ini

- tried to display errors by setting '_PS_MODE_DEV_' to true in "/config/defines.inc.php" file

- tried to remove the cache from the back office

- made sure the php version was the same

- made sure every needed php extensions are activated

- tried a clean/fresh install with the same prestashop version and didn't have the issue

And despite all that I still haven't been able to find the solution.

Can anyone help me please? Do you have any ideas I could investigate that I haven't think of yet ?

Thanks for reading

Edited by Alexenn
minor changes in title (see edit history)

• Alexenn changed the title to [PS 1.6] Migration issue

Well, I just double checked old website php.ini and it was in fact using "PHP Version 7.0.33-1~dotdeb+8.1" while the new one is using "PHP Version 7.0.33" (when set to php 7.0), could this be the cause of the issue ?

Edited by Alexenn
details (see edit history)

Thank you, looks like it is not a compatibility issue since the PHP version I'm using is supported and every needed extensions are activated.

Also I tried to do a fresh install with the same Prestashop version and it was perfectly working 

6 hours ago, Alexenn said:

Another lead, I'm experiencing Internal Server Error page after max_execution_time (165s) when visiting Back Office Product page, I have over 90 000 products

Please increase the Max Execution time to at least 300 - you can do it in host panel or in php.ini file in root directory 
Secondly your version of PS is 1.6.1 so it seems you have few modules which does not runs correctly with PHP 7.0 . Please downgrade the PHP version to 5.6 (which is recommended for PS 1.6) and then try again (dont forget to clear cache afterwards).

Also it seems you havnt installed SSL certificate (you can install the free SSL) and turn on friendly URL which will regenerate .htaccess file, (i had noticed redirections on your store) this might fix your issue as well.

Please note that some of the Host panels do not provide older PHP versions. which shall be an issue for you.

Best of luck

Please increase the Max Execution time to at least 300 - you can do it in host panel or in php.ini file in root directory 

Thanks for the help, I reimported the database in case it wasn't fully properly done the first time and don't experience the products' section issue anymore.

I also changed the PHP max_execution_time and memory_limit on the old server so they match the new one, just to see if the website reacted the same way (blank page) and it didn't so I'm not sure increasing the max execution time is necessary (I would have to change server again because I can't modify php.ini on the new one)

Secondly your version of PS is 1.6.1 so it seems you have few modules which does not runs correctly with PHP 7.0 . Please downgrade the PHP version to 5.6 (which is recommended for PS 1.6) and then try again (dont forget to clear cache afterwards).

I also modified the PHP version to 5.6 but got the same result and the old server is configured in 7.0

Also it seems you havnt installed SSL certificate (you can install the free SSL) and turn on friendly URL which will regenerate .htaccess file, (i had noticed redirections on your store) this might fix your issue as well.

Yes I haven't installed SSL yet because I'm waiting for the website to fully work in order to link it to its domain name and then generate the certificate.

Redirections were caused by something else not relative to the new server, it's fixed now.

Edited by Alexenn (see edit history)