[Solved] I need to get the sibling categories in 1.7

david19942

Good evening, I've been trying to show the sister categories (not the daughters) on the category page for some time now, but it's impossible for me, since the method I used to do it in 1.6 no longer works for 1.7 or I can't adapt it, for Let's see if someone is able to help me, I would be infinitely grateful.

Example: I have 3 categories (cat1, cat2 and cat3), if I access the cat1 category, I want to show the daughters (this is already done by default of prestashop with the subcategories) and also show the sisters in another block, that is, cat2 and cat3. The same if I enter cat2, it shows me the daughters on the one hand and cat1 and cat3 which are the sisters of the same level on the other hand.

There is already a method for version 1.6, but in 1.7 the file to edit is no longer the same and that method cannot be followed. This is the topic: 

A greeting and thanks in advance!

• razaro changed the title to I need to get the sibling categories in 1.7
1 hour ago, ndiaga said:

Hi,

Where  exactly  are   you  implementing   this?   In  the   menu,  in  a  block   or  in  category   details  page?

Good, I wanted to implement it in the details of the category page, as the subcategories are shown, but a colleague from the Spanish forum has already solved the problem for me, I also leave you here the post and the video that is his in which He explains everything step by step. It is in Spanish but very well explained and solves the problem completely.

• david19942 changed the title to [Solved] I need to get the sibling categories in 1.7