Caching issue

Pentarou

Hello,

I am experiencing what appears to be a caching issue even though I have disabled all cache on both server side and front end. Logged out users don't get updated CSS and some javascript doesn't seem to work. I have cleared the cache on the Prestashop performance panel and deleted all cache in the var/cache folder, as well as manually deleted the cache in the theme folder.

I've checked the browser console and server logs for errors, but there don't seem to be any. The website is still under development. I am quite frustrated with this as changes are not visible to my client. Also, they will not be visible to customers.

Sometimes changes appear when the end user uses incognito browsing, some changes do appear but may disappear when refreshing the page. I don't really think it's caching issues, but I don't know what could cause such an unpredictable and strange behavior.

I made sure that all my modules and theme are compatible with the latest version of Prestashop and also use a compatible PHP version.

• Like 1

I decided to install Prestashop on a new domain on the same vps and move products there. I created a child theme with a custom CSS file in it, instead of the theme's custom CSS page. This seems to have solved the problem.

However, there are still issues with the carousel product slider. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and there are no errors or leads.

When I'm logged in, the problem doesn't seem to occur anymore, only in incognito or other browsers where the user is not logged in.

I double checked if any caching is enabled, also on the server-side, but there is none. Does anyone know what causes this strange behaviour?