PrestaShop 1.7.8.3 and PHP 7.4.2, installation stuck at 67% (HTTP 500)

Hello community,

I've been trying to install PrestaShop 1.7.8.3 locally on Mac OS for several hours with MAMP (PHP 7.4.21).

The first steps of my install go smoothly until I get to the store install, where an error occurs 67% through the install.

This error: "HTTP 500 - error -"

My first instinct was to take a look in the apache logs but nothing appears there, the same for the PHP logs. I then searched on the net and I tried many things, change the PHP version, add the ps_facebook and ps_facebook1 modules to the blacklist, change the rights of my files /index.php and /install/index.php ( or my whole /install file), clear my browser cache, remove SSL and nothing changes.

I have made sure to have all the prerequisites (available here) for a smooth installation, but unfortunately I have been looking for a solution for hours, without a concrete answer.

I guess it could also be my host's MAMP configuration, but I'm not sure what could be the problem.

I think downgrading might fix the problem, but I really want to stay on the most up-to-date version, has anyone come across this kind of problem before and was able to fix it of any kind? another way ?

Thank you very much to those who help me

Capture d’écran 2022-02-14 à 20.18.36.png

Edited by tomdvgs
Forgot an argument (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Danny said:

Had a similar problem, solved changing the max size file the time out setting and other few parameters. Try this and see if you still get stuck or it change the error.

Hello Danny !

Thanks for your post, I was able to solve my problem by enabling the Xdebug extension !

My problem was a FastCGI timeout