New_order notification not working

wxanl

Hello,

Version: 1.7.7.1
Theme: Devita14 Version 1.0.0

i spend the last two days trying to get the new order configuration back to work without any succes.
I had this configured in the past and it actually worked but somehow stopped recently.

All other mail notifications are being send just fine, so i assume the mail function itself is properly configured.
I disabled other plugins that might interfere with the mail function but that did not help either.

When i look at the log, i see that in the past new_order notification events where generated along with the other oder events.
Now, only the rest is generated in logfiles. i dont see any new_order event created.

Clients are actually receiving notifications just fine. I tried several email accounts (both as sender and receiver) and also removed the plug-in and installed it again. Looks like i am out of options and need some help before i start running in circles...

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be or point me in a direction ?

I'm assuming you're referring to the module ps_emailalerts?

The first thing I'd check is whether it's still registered to hook actionValidateOrder.

Go to design->positions, select 'Mail alerts' from the menu, and turn on 'Display non-positionable hooks', and make sure it's listed under actionValidateOrder.

1 minute ago, lordignus said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the module ps_emailalerts?

The first thing I'd check is whether it's still registered to hook actionValidateOrder.

Go to design->positions, select 'Mail alerts' from the menu, and turn on 'Display non-positionable hooks', and make sure it's listed under actionValidateOrder.

Yes, it is ps_emailalerts indeed. Sorry, i forgot to mention that.
I will check that right away and report back.

Thanx all for replying. It looks like i got it to work. (for now)

What i did was using a different user account for the smtp settings (actually a user on a different domain).
I then changed every occurence of the old email address to the new one throughout prestashop.
This works for now.

Well

3 hours ago, wxanl said:

Thanx all for replying. It looks like i got it to work. (for now)

What i did was using a different user account for the smtp settings (actually a user on a different domain).
I then changed every occurence of the old email address to the new one throughout prestashop.
This works for now.

Well, i was cheering too soon. It looks like it works everywhere except for one payment option. Not sure how that relates ...