[ERRORS]Prestashop 1.7.8.2 - GENERAL problems

RAzor23

Hello. I have bunch of problems with a freshly installed prestashop. I started working on some modules developed by myself and the goal is to create a theme of my own. I have programing experience but still i am facing a lot of problems. 

First of all i haven't been able to find a good tutorial creating a theme from 0 to 100%. The information is rather ambiguos or else there are many problems with Prestashop. For example. My current scenario is like this:

I tried to make a theme folder, followed all the information with config yml and so on and when i try to switch to my theme usually i get some errors about cache. I will return with another post regarding this specific subject. I hate cache - so in my case anything related to cache is disabled. i do not use cloudflare yet and still i have cache issues. Even if i delete the var/cache folder there are still errors. I cannot figure it out from where the problems are coming - so instead i tried to take the classic theme and create a child theme. All the same -  some other problems appeared - which i overlook because i didn't had the time to look into. SO my final solution was to copy the classic theme folder modify it and use it as my theme.

From this point this is my actual problem: 

In my theme I have used the EXACT config from the default theme and the shop is not the same as in the prestashop demo (classic theme) some modules are misbehaving.

For example: I am on the index, on the main page, and if i scroll juuuust a little bit there are some modals which are not allowing me to use the elements on the page (links,button etc). The module that causes this, is the wishlist module which creates some modals asking me to sign in in order to see the wishlist.

In the same matter for example in the links in the footer were not displayed like this by default.

image.thumb.png.9a90b0a5c996b2628f5e76341428ca57.png

but rather collapsed or hidden.

I could see just the title and everything else collapsed or hidden. ON inspection there were classes used to make the accordion in the mobile version. (hidden, collapsed, fade in etc)

Could it have to do with the fact that i am using the last bootstrap version? 5.0? and the latest Jquery 3.6.0 ? Is there a compatibility problem?

On the backend, i tried to refresh a module which should have used the method uninstall and install and the module should have reverted to default settings, but instead nothing happend. I Tried to uninstall the module WITHOUT deleting the folder (that checkbox) - at first it showed on the list BUT there were no options available at the checkbox to the right (To install, uninstall configure and so on). No as i am writing this post, my wishlist module (the default one from prestashop) (even though it was uninstalled not deleted, and appears in the folders on the FTP) it doesn't appear in my module list in order to reinstall it.

Does anyone else have simmilar problems with this version of prestashop? what is the solution?

EDIT2 :Another problem: for example the main menu on hover shoul show the subcategories: in my case :

image.thumb.png.47e7391e2989d4e3dc38fcfd03b1fca9.png

Nothing. On inspect

image.thumb.png.01ea2ea2d7645cd66815c87117aabc9e.png

image.thumb.png.42173651e021d0a61bb6921c6c1feee7.png

Edited by RAzor23
Aditional Problems (see edit history)

• RAzor23 changed the title to [ERRORS]Prestashop 1.7.8.2 - GENERAL problems