How do you set free shipping in your shop?

Jontee

Hi,

I'm just currious, how do you setup free shipping in your shop, as the only delivery method?

I have it configured for one transporter (the only transporter) and set the delivery settings for "0" value in the input fields for "star free shipping from...".

I just think it's "off" that the taxes setting is till visible when "free shipping" is check on the transporter settings.

Best regards,

Jonathan

remember Free is best advert but many people do not look at header where free shipping text if commonly placed.  (if you could post screen shot of what you are asking about that  is very helpful for community).

free shipping text should be placed at product level, this is where visitor focus is.   The free shipping cost of 0.00 should be replaced with Free, not a zero value....

let's see your screen shot

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was mostly curious of how others setup free shipping in their shops, to compare with my setup. :)

I have the following settings (I only offer free shipping, since I sell smaller items):

Shipping Preferences:

Handling Charges: 0

Free Shipping Starts at: 0

Free Shipping Starts at: 0

Carriers:

One carrier

Add handling costs: No
Free shipping: Yes
Billing: According to total price
Tax: Same as the shop
Out-of-range behavior: Apply the cost of the highest defined range

This seems to work, I was just curious why the tax field doesn't become disabled when applying free shipping?

Also, should I maybe set the value to "1" in the field "Free shipping starts at" in Shipping preferences in combination with "Free shipping" for the carrier, or does it matter?

Thanks,

Have a good day.

Hi,

Thanks,

Tax-selector is set to the shop current tax and it works as is should with free shipping. :) But you think I should set it to "no tax"? Is that the recommended setting when using free shipping?

Best regards, have a nice day.

Jonathan

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2022 at 10:25 PM, PrestaHeroes USA said:

remember Free is best advert but many people do not look at header where free shipping text if commonly placed.  (if you could post screen shot of what you are asking about that  is very helpful for community).

free shipping text should be placed at product level, this is where visitor focus is.   The free shipping cost of 0.00 should be replaced with Free, not a zero value....

let's see your screen shot

On 1/11/2022 at 8:16 PM, Jontee said:

Hi,

I'm just currious, how do you setup free shipping in your shop, as the only delivery method?

I have it configured for one transporter (the only transporter) and set the delivery settings for "0" value in the input fields for "star free shipping from...".

I just think it's "off" that the taxes setting is till visible when "free shipping" is check on the transporter settings.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Hello,

Setting up free shipping as the only delivery method in your shop typically involves configuring the shipping settings and ensuring that the necessary parameters are adjusted. It seems like you've taken the right steps by configuring the transporter and setting the delivery settings to "0" for free shipping.

Regarding the visibility of tax settings when free shipping is selected, this might vary depending on the e-commerce platform or system you're using. In some cases, tax settings might still be visible even when free shipping is selected as it pertains to the tax treatment of the products being shipped, not necessarily the shipping cost itself.

If you find the visibility of tax settings confusing or unnecessary for free shipping, you may want to check the specific settings and documentation of your e-commerce platform or system. There might be an option to hide tax-related fields when free shipping is selected, or it could be a design choice made by the platform.

Edited by leoandry (see edit history)