subcategory urls in prestashop version 1.7.8.1

ev1007

Good afternoon,

My question is, how does the prestashop version 1.7.8.1 and 1.7.8.2 build the url of the subcategories?

In this way?:

domain.extension/subcategory

Or this other way?

domain.extension/category/subcategory

Or both ways?

Thank you very much in advance.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:21 AM, ev1007 said:

Do you want to tell me that from the backoffice of version 1.7.8.1 or 1.7.8.2 you can configure the url of the subcategories as you prefer?

Have you looked up the documentation? No I didn't mention a specific newer Prestashop version.

https://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Categories

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

Hi Nickz, 

I am interested in knowing the formation of urls of subcategories in the latest versions of prestashop (1.7.1, 1.7.2) before doing the update.

That link talks about version 1.6, this version I am very clear about how it forms the urls. My doubt is in the latest versions so as not to have any errors with the formation of subcategory urls.

Edited by ev1007 (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, ev1007 said:

My doubt is in the latest versions so as not to have any errors with the formation of subcategory urls.

the later version have a different setup, they use a php framework. Why don't you go to the jobcenter and post your offer there. I'm pretty sure you find someone there to help. The problem with wage answers arises due to the (wrong) believe that knowledge is free. Knowledge cost the most precious currency, time.

• Like 1

Hi Nickz,

I thought I was in the prestashop forum, in which we solve doubts about this tool, that is why I have posted it. In any case, if you did not have the courage to help, nothing happens, you would not have wasted your precious time.

All the best.

16 minutes ago, Nickz said:

the later version have a different setup, they use a php framework. Why don't you go to the jobcenter and post your offer there. I'm pretty sure you find someone there to help. The problem with wage answers arises due to the (wrong) believe that knowledge is free. Knowledge cost the most precious currency, time.

Hi Nickz,

I thought I was in the prestashop forum, in which we solve doubts about this tool, that is why I have posted it. In any case, if you did not have the courage to help, nothing happens, you would not have wasted your precious time.

And do you know the problem?

The problem is that instead of this tool being a collaborative tool, it has become a place to get business ... like many companies registered as users.
That is the main problem.

Please, those who do not want to participate in collaborating and helping others, do not waste time responding, or confuse with imprecise or incorrect answers. But don't be rude like Nickz.

All the best.

36 minutes ago, ev1007 said:

The problem is that instead of this tool being a collaborative tool, it has become a place to get business ... like many companies registered as users.
That is the main problem.

The main problem are users expecting help which goes above a helping hand. What forums do: pointing to a solution, even if that is not 100% fitting, you could, skill-level provided, learn and help yourself.

Help like a code which you paste in the file xxxx.php located at /theme/name-of-the-theme/file is not really good as version to version have differences and any visitor copying code could run into problems. Specially those visitors which do not note what the have changed in which file, don't do backups etc.

Over 50% of all issues arise due to overly hasted done updates, no backup, no prior check on modules. 

Would you have updated from 1.6 to 1.7 knowing that subcategories are not so easily configurable?

13 minutes ago, Nickz said:

The main problem are users expecting help which goes above a helping hand. What forums do: pointing to a solution, even if that is not 100% fitting, you could, skill-level provided, learn and help yourself.

Help like a code which you paste in the file xxxx.php located at /theme/name-of-the-theme/file is not really good as version to version have differences and any visitor copying code could run into problems. Specially those visitors which do not note what the have changed in which file, don't do backups etc.

Over 50% of all issues arise due to overly hasted done updates, no backup, no prior check on modules. 

Would you have updated from 1.6 to 1.7 knowing that subcategories are not so easily configurable?

Hello again Nickz,

I simply asked, within my research work to do this migration by myself, as I have always done in a satisfactory way. To my knowledge I have not coerced anyone to do so, nor have I been rude asking for help, nor have I had answers like yours, sending me to seek help from a jobcentre. Nor have I complained about not having a clear solution. As you can read I have only asked. And I have asked because I am in the right place to do it, on the other hand, you are not (You put an ad in Adwords to find customers instead of bothering around here).
So your rude answer has been misplaced. I have also seen in your record that it is your way of proceeding.

More respect.

As for the rest that you comment, it is everyone's problem to make changes to the code itself and it is not your problem. It is everyone's problem what they do with what is their property.
Here in this forum we are here to participate in it whoever wants and whoever does not want to do so, but who does not disrespect anyone with impertinent responses.

Regarding the update, it is my problem what I do and when I do it and with the information that I consider appropriate. Is it clear Nitz?
Of course, I would not go to your company in my life. This is clear to me and it may be your business, the rest is not.

All the best.