Import / export product combinations (almost giving up on Presta)

PGS_BB

Hi

Need some assistance if possible.

We currently run a shop in Shopify, and are in the process of creating and migrating it to Prestashop, due to some extra functionalities. However, we are facing some extra complexity due to the different product management structure, and overall lack of support. 

Essentially:

1- In Shopify we can export and import all products, and their respective combinations, all to one CSV file, making it easier to handle, and to update pricing or other variables, using external sources and apps, every day and automatically, without any input from us;

2- In Prestashop, it is structured differently, having separate product and combinations files. It makes it more complex, but acceptable.

3- However, the import tool is very clear in its instructions, BUT, i can't find any way to export all combinations at once into a csv file with THE EXACT structure as the import file. 

4- Putting it another words: We are migrating (for now, for testing purposes) products and combinations, by creating them from scratch in Prestashop, one by one. But after this, I want to be able to export them in the exact csv structure as in the import tool, in order for us to test and find the better way to update prices everyday. It can't fit in my mind why this export option doesn't exist, since we need this file structure to be able to import. I realize the existence of the (handy) SQL query, but it is too complex, and I can't replicate the import csv file.

Wanting to keep trying to migrate to Prestashop, but lots of these small niggles are putting us off... Please help in any way possible. Prioritize the following.

1- Official Prestashop csv export tool (if it exists. If not, admins/devs please consider such)

2- Custom SQL query, that replicates the import csv file

3- Through shop manager (had the trial, but expired, so can't test). Considering buying the app if it solves all these niggles. 

4- Through some module

Thanks all in advance for any input.

BR

Pedro

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, PGS_BB said:

Hi

Need some assistance if possible.

We currently run a shop in Shopify, and are in the process of creating and migrating it to Prestashop, due to some extra functionalities. However, we are facing some extra complexity due to the different product management structure, and overall lack of support. 

Essentially:

1- In Shopify we can export and import all products, and their respective combinations, all to one CSV file, making it easier to handle, and to update pricing or other variables, using external sources and apps, every day and automatically, without any input from us;

2- In Prestashop, it is structured differently, having separate product and combinations files. It makes it more complex, but acceptable.

3- However, the import tool is very clear in its instructions, BUT, i can't find any way to export all combinations at once into a csv file with THE EXACT structure as the import file. 

4- Putting it another words: We are migrating (for now, for testing purposes) products and combinations, by creating them from scratch in Prestashop, one by one. But after this, I want to be able to export them in the exact csv structure as in the import tool, in order for us to test and find the better way to update prices everyday. It can't fit in my mind why this export option doesn't exist, since we need this file structure to be able to import. I realize the existence of the (handy) SQL query, but it is too complex, and I can't replicate the import csv file.

Wanting to keep trying to migrate to Prestashop, but lots of these small niggles are putting us off... Please help in any way possible. Prioritize the following.

1- Official Prestashop csv export tool (if it exists. If not, admins/devs please consider such)

2- Custom SQL query, that replicates the import csv file

3- Through shop manager (had the trial, but expired, so can't test). Considering buying the app if it solves all these niggles. 

4- Through some module

Thanks all in advance for any input.

BR

Pedro

request to extend the trial period of store manager and get rid of difficulties. and if the assistance is needed - contact support