Cart rule, Free Shipping and Discount problems

dececk

Hi all

I've strange problem with cart rule and discounts...

On my site the shipping costs are 8 euros 
I created a discount code to offer free shipping, the discount code will only be given to certain customers.
So created a "cart rule", in the "actions" of this cart rule I only selected the "free shipping" option
Assuming that the customer places a 10 euro product in the cart, cart summary says:

product total: 10 euros
shipping: 8 euros
total: 18 euros

And that's correct

If the customer adds the discount code to the cart to get free shipping, the cart summary says

discounts: -8 euros
shipping: free
total: 10 euros

As you can see, the total is correct, but the discount code has a double effect: it is declared as a discount of -8 euro, and it is declared as free shipping. The customer can interpret that:

the product costs 10 euros
he has also a discount of 8 euros
has free shipping
so he should pay 2 euros

A free shipping discount code has to appear as "shipping: free" in cart summary, it doesn't has to appear also as discount. How I can manage this wrong visualization of discount code? This appear also in order summary and invoice. I think it is a problem related to the core of Prestashop, of how a free shipping discount code is interpreted. It is a BUG?

On my site I also offer free shipping for orders over 50 euros. This rule is set in the "carrier" section. This rule is interpreted correctly in the cart summary, i.e .:

product total: 60 euros
total: 60 euros

The "discount" field does not appear as it does with the free shipping "cart rule"

Thanks for your support

PS VERSION 1.7.8.1

Edited by dececk (see edit history)

Hello.

Sorry for replying without a right answer, but I was struggling with a similar issue weeks ago, and it was just a matter of configuration.

A friend of mine, in nothing related to Prestashot or anything, noticed rules were somehow incorrect.

Maybe there's something missing - or too much - for your cart rule.

I do hope you solve the question.

Hi

thanks for the advice!

I hope it is a trivial mistake and that it is not necessary to edit the code, honestly I have been doing tests for days and I do not understand where I am wrong.

Could you send me some screenshot about your free shipping cart rule?

Instead of creating a discount code for "free shiping", maybe your friend has created a cart roule for a discount code equal to the shipping cost?

Here mine cart rule. This is the only cart rule that I've set, no other cart rule active.

Thank you

doc2.pdf

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2021 at 1:22 PM, dececk said:

Hi all

I've strange problem with cart rule and discounts...

On my site the shipping costs are 8 euros 
I created a discount code to offer free shipping, the discount code will only be given to certain customers.
So created a "cart rule", in the "actions" of this cart rule I only selected the "free shipping" option
Assuming that the customer places a 10 euro product in the cart, cart summary says:

shipping: 8 euros
total: 18 euros

And that's correct

If the customer adds the discount code to the cart to get free shipping, the cart summary says

discounts: -8 euros
total: 10 euros

As you can see, the total is correct, but the discount code has a double effect: it is declared as a discount of -8 euro, and it is declared as free shipping. The customer can interpret that:

the product costs 10 euros
he has also a discount of 8 euros
has free shipping
so he should pay 2 euros

A free shipping discount code has to appear as "shipping: free" in cart summary, it doesn't has to appear also as discount. How I can manage this wrong visualization of discount code? This appear also in order summary and invoice. I think it is a problem related to the core of Prestashop, of how a free shipping discount code is interpreted. It is a BUG?

On my site I also offer free shipping for orders over 50 euros. This rule is set in the "carrier" section. This rule is interpreted correctly in the cart summary, i.e .:

product total: 60 euros
total: 60 euros

The "discount" field does not appear as it does with the free shipping "cart rule"

Thanks for your support

PS VERSION 1.7.8.1

Hi! Did you manage to solve this issue?
Consider that I'm coming from the 1.7.6.9 where the behavior was still different and anyway wrong...

I'm on 1.7.8.3 and I've the same problem, with this still wrong new behavior.

I'm editing the file themes/mytheme/templates/checkout/partials/cart-detailed-totals.tpl and I solved temporarily calling the expected discount below the total with {number_format($cart.subtotals.products.amount,2)-number_format($cart.totals.total_including_tax.amount,2)}, but I think there should be a solution with settings.

Did you find anything useful?

Hi

Unfortunately not, I still have this issue.

I got around the problem by creating a discount code for the same value as the shipment costs

Is not the same thing, but at least it doesn't confuse the customer

Logically, the discount code is a different thing from free shipping, it's very frustrating because I also had to change the invoice templates

Thanks for your hint