[SOLVED] Installation of Prestashop 1.4.1.0 Stops at STEP 4

Installation of Prestashop 1.4.1.0 Stops at STEP 4

Hi,

I am new to Prestashop and tried to install it to test for a small shop I am looking to setup using Blushost as the hosting provider.

I have followed the install instructions meticulously and everything working ok until I got to step 4 of the installation wizard at which point when I click next nothing happened. I also noticed that in step 3 the test email did not work even if I tried to use SMTP.

I uninstalled Prestashop and deleted the database 3 times but I get the same issue.

I have searched this forum and the Internet and could not find any definitive answer on how to resolve this issue.

Can someone please help on how to resolve this. It will be great if someone from Prestashop could give a definitive answer on a fix for this as I noticed a few other users are having the same issue.

BR,
Blk211

Hi Feloy,

Thank you very much for the information.

I tried your solution but I still have the same issue.

I cancel close the install when it gets stock. I then delete the install folder and rename the admin folder. After doing this I can access the Frontend but cannot log into shop admin.

Cheers.

Hi blk2011,

don't change time zone and location during installation.
You can change later on BO

ps:I know it's weird bug :P

Thanks Feloy, I got stuck at the fourth steof Installation and your solution works like a charm :-)

Hi,

I have now managed to resolve this issue and this is what worked for me.

In step 4 of the shop installation wizard I made all changes I needed but I DID NOT tick the box for email notification. After doing this the shop completed with no issues.

Thanks to you all for your contribution.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi blk2011,

don't change time zone and location during installation.
You can change later on BO

ps:I know it's weird bug :P

weird bug, the PS team let all user remember that this shopping cart is made from France lol

but there is another problem if i don't change the location then it is french in the back office

• 3 weeks later...

Just regsitered to find a fix for this problem, and apparently it was not only me experiencing it.

Now I wonder if this app could be trusted since such a dumb bug exists in the install procedure... :(

edit: did as Feloy told, but now my store is in French and I can not find how to change the language, tried the "Localisàtion" and selected Italy, it wrote import success (in French) but all is still in French.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have bad one, I can't see the "NEXT" button while first page of installation. I don't know what happen with my browser. All the browsers i have tried start with Firefox, IE, Opera, and Chrome. But all was the same happen. Whereas javascript was enabled. I have post my question on this thread

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/117495/installing_prestashop/next_menubutton_disappeared_while_installing_on_first_page

but there is no answer yet.

• 3 weeks later...