Problem with import

Hi. I'm trying to import my products using the import tool. However, I can't seem to get the images to show up, no matter where I point the url to: for example, my own website, within the prestashop images folder, etc. Also, I can't get the product to display on any of the category pages, only the home page no matter what I do? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for your help Fabrice. I even tried to install PrestaClient but it couldn't connect to my web hosting company. LOL. I've basically given up on Prestashop, it's a nice program, but has way to many bugs. I even tried the import on a clean default install of prestashop. Does it even work? LOL. Oh well, I'm so frustrated right now...

Don't anyone use the import tool!!! Now, it messed up my catalog so badly. I have categories I can't delete, and that aren't visible. Every time I try to create a new product or category i get the browsers quit. LOL. So much for building a new store with the new version!! Not only does the import tool not work, it messed up my whole store to the point where I have to reinstall everything. :( Sigh