Problem with shipping price

Hi all!

I'm using the new PrestaShop 1.1 - nice thing! But I have a configuration problem/question. It's about configuring the shipping prices. What do I want: I defined 3 zones (Germany, Europe and World Wide). The price for each zone is different: Germany 7 Euro, Europe 17 Euro and World Wide 34 Euro. So far, so god. I defined 3 carrier, one for each zone and weight ranges for each carrier - from 0 to 1000 kg because the price is allways the same, doesn't matter how heavy the package is. Now the problem: you also have to define a standard carrier. I choose the carrier for germany. When someone from austria (it's in zone Europe) logs in and click the "Add to cart" button, the shipping price from the german carrier is displayed, but that's not correct! All I want this:

- When someone from germany orders: 7 Euro
- When someon from an european country orders: 14 Euro
- Else: 34 Euro

Now it's getting complicated :-) When the Product has a weight of 0 - 1 kg, the product is sent via letter; it's always 3 Euro for each zone... How to set up this config - I have no idea... It's correct: when you login and start the order process, when you have to choose the carrier, the right one is displayed... but while the "buying-process" the cart displays the wrong price...
Please help!

Thx a lot!
Flo

Unless you use different carriers, you should not need to set them up, When you have created weights, zones and a carrier, you can then specify the shipping for for that carrier to each zone,

So you can have Germany, weight under 1Kg - 3 EURO, Above 1KG then 7 EUR0 you can then specify a different cost for a different zone (for the same carrier)

Go Here

look at the image under "Fees by Carrier, Zone or range" You will see 2 zones, two shipping costs by weight -Maybe that will help you

Hi viper,

thank you for your answer - helped me a lot! Now I did the following:

- define a carrier for each zone (germany, europe, world)

- for each carrier I defined 2 wight ranges: from 0 - 1kg and from 2 - 1000 kg

- from 0 - 1kg is shipped via letter, 3 €

- from 2 - 1000kg is a normal package (7 € germany, 17 € europe, 34 € world)

- standard carrier: the carrier for germany

It's working! When a new, not logged in user adds a product to the cart, it shows 3 € (product < 1 kg) or 7 € (> 2 kg) shipping costs - that OK, the price of the standard carrier. When a user from germany logs in and add a product, the price is correct (3 € / 7 €), too. BUT when - for example - an italian customer adds a product, it shows 0 € on the cart! When you start the ordering process and get to the point to choose the carrier, the correct one is displayed. But why isn't the correct price shown in the cart? Some idea :-)
Thank you very much for you advice - was very userful!

Ah, damn... seems like it's a bug: I wrote that the default carrier is the carrier from germany. When you join the website with a german internet connection (looks like prestashop checks this...) OR are logged in and in your address you choose "Germany" as country, then the shipping price is shown. When you join from another country OR are logged in and your country in address is not "Germany", then the price is 0 €! Now when I change the default carrier to the "European Carrier" (I created the carriers: "German Carrier" for germany, "European Carrier" for all european countries and "World wide" for all the other countries) and a german customer adds a product to the cart, the price is 0 €. When a customer from an european country adds the product, the price is shown (price I set for this carrier). It seems like that's a bug, because you can check the same thing on the prestashop demo webpage (I wrote an own template, but haven't changed anything what can cause this problem). How can I report this as a bug? Can someone check this problem, please? Not that I did something wrong - but I don't think so :-)

Thx!